one bad reason to sell on ebay!!

Buyer - buys shirt

ebay notification Invoice arrives in my email

Pay Pal payment arrives

I register post shirt to address on ebay Invoice

I email customer to say his shirt is on the way to Texas

He emails me in a panic - I don't live in Texas!!

He had moved and NOT updated his ebay account - old address was on the invoice (I note he changed it after this!!!!)

too late shirt is on the way - what to do - I email a friend in the USA to send a letter to the address and ask the people to send back to Australia (as I had no help from customer he just demanded I fix the issue!!!!!)

I check usps web site and parcel was rejected and is on it's way back - this could take 6 weeks

Buyer puts in ebay complaint and received full refund - post and all

so I am out shirt and post all because he SUPPLIED a WRONG ADDRESS

Not happy with ebay today ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Just a question - was his new address on the Paypal packing note because this is the address you must use or you are not covered - not what is on the eBay invoice?

Marina.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Yup - you post to the address on PAYPAL notification - not eBay.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Being an overseas buyer I presume he paid by Paypal.

When he made the payment you would have received a notification from Paypal by email. On that notification is the buyers shipping address.

Did you send the item  to the buyers address on the paypal email? If so, and it is was the Texas address (wrong one) then you have proof you sent it to address you were given and it is not your fault the buyer hadn't updated their address records.

Even if buyer updates their paypal record after you sent it, the email still proves the address they had given at sale time.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply