What is this 85c fee for?

banoras
Community Member

I've just sold an item for $122, the summary says for the month of May to date,  I have sold 1 item.....$121.15 (0.85c deducted)

I always try to list for free, and its not the FVF. I've been offering "free post" for a while as I build that cost into my price. 

Has this fee (85c) always been there and I've not noticed? Since the board debate over FVFs lately, I'm being extra vigilant with eBay costs, and possibly have overlooked this fee previously. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you sure it's actually a fee? I only ask because when I list items on this ID, the value of items listed / sold showing at the top of my selling summary page fluctuates and isn't the exact amount in AU dollars (I half-suspect it somehow gets converted to US $'s, then converts back to an "approximate" amount, hence the fluctuations. For example, I recently sold $30 worth of items, but the amount showing on my summary page was $29~something. There was no extra fee or deduction from eBay, just a discrepancy with their summary tallies.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

banoras
Community Member

I've read all eBay's Fee Structure and still cannot see a reason for this fee deducted immediately from my sale.. I have free listings, no upgrades, no excess photos, its a BIN price onlyI relist my product, usually every 10days..could this be it? 

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Probably best to give ebay a ring via their Customer Support (top right of any page). Having them call you back saves you waiting on the phone for several minutes, too.
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks cqtech, will call them Monday if I haven't figured it out by then. 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

my  85c deduction has now increased to a deduction of $1.34 (WITHOUT DOING A THING!)

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

The eBay Community Boards is a place for eBay members to help and connect with other members.

If you need assistance from eBay directly, please contact Customer Support.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

A lot of users clicking on "Community" are not aware that their question is not to going directly eBay. Or that the information they are posting is being posted on a public board.

The text on the Aus Community landing page needs to be updated to the same as on the US site.

Community_AUS.JPG

US Community page

Community_US.JPG

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I'm aware this is a public forum page...haven't had time to make the phone call yet...just really alerting other sellers to really take note of "Month Activity to Date" figures.  Small amounts disappearing for no apparent reason may not be noticed by sellers who sell in big quantities, but are noticed when only a few things are sold each month. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Sorry banoras, my post wasn't aimed at you.

I'm interested in what you've been charged a fee for. I rarely check my monthly invoice in detail but may have to start doing so.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks sport, I've sent e-mail to Customer Support....its just so strange. I really hope I've made a simple mistake somewhere along the listing, but the second little deduction when I looked this morning, never seen that before. 

Will inform here the result, even if its me eating humble pie LOL

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply