payment time

What is a reasonable time for someone to pay for what they won?

Thanks

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

payment time

I think 2 or 3 days for payment to be made is reasonable and ebay allow sellers to start a non payment dispute on the 4th day and close the dispute on day 8 ifno payment received.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

payment time

I ask for payment within 5 days although I would extend that if the buyer requested it for a good reason.  

Having said that, most of my buyers pay immediately or within 24 hours of the auction's end. 

It also depends on what the buyer asks for.  Some set up their items for immediate Paypal payment only, and some are happy to wait a week.  

I think the sooner I can pay the sooner I get my item!

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

payment time

Thanks for that; it's been 4 days now but I might give it another 2 days and see what happens!!

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

payment time

If you don't get it after that, I would send another invoice to remind them, give them another day or so then if still nothing send one more email politely asking if everything is OK and if you don't receive payment within 24 hours you will lodge a strike. 

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

payment time

I think 2 or 3 days for payment to be made is reasonable and eBay allow sellers to start a non payment dispute on the 4th day and close the dispute on day 8 info payment received.

Not quite; eBay gives full 4 days before seller can open case, that means you can open case on the 5th day.  Then the buyer gets further 4 full days from the moment they opened NPB case, not a second earlier, before it is possible to close.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

payment time

harddrive2012
Community Member

I've had trouble with buyers not paying and not even bothering to contact me.

I now give them three days to make contact or make payment. If they haven't, I open an "unpaid" case and go through the process. Otherwise you're just wasting your time waiting.

However, there are a lot of good buyers out there and it outweighs the people who don't follow through.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

payment time

I assume you meant four days, as that is the minimum time you have to wait to open a case.

I generally send an invoice within a day of the sale, then a reminder on day 4 and open the case on day 5. Seems to work; most pay once I've opened the case.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

payment time

yarmak
Community Member

and yet buyers squawk  if sellers have not posted within 24 hours of reciving payment regardless how long they take to pay ๐Ÿ˜

Dave

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

payment time

Ebay send a reminder after 2 days, still nothing I send the invoice with a note on asking if they can give details of how they made their payment as I am unable to trace it (diplomacy!) and if still nothing by end of day 4 I open the dispute. 99.9% pay up before the dispute is closed.

I don't mind waiting for payment as long as the buyer contacts me before or straight after buying but if they don't pay on the agreed date then I don't send any more communication, I just open the dispute.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply