payment

hi. i have recently sold an item and didn’t realize that ebay no longer uses paypal. Is it safe to give bank details. also i can’t find anywhere to enter them

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

payment

You cannot be paid in any way other than through eBay’s in-house payment system (which is processed by Adyen), called Managed Payments. 

This has been in place for years now, and there were emails and inbox messages heralding it, announcing it, etc., well before it became implemented and mandated. I’m not sure how you missed seeing the announcements… but I realise that it’s easy to ignore what isn’t affecting one at the time - so let’s get you up to speed!

Managed Payments

1. First of all, as you haven’t been selling regularly or recently, you will be regarded by eBay as a new seller. That means there’ll be a hold on your funds for anywhere between 10-21 days anecdotally, and certainly at one time it was 30 days. Your feedback score and length of time registered as an eBay member will be irrelevant in regards to this.

2. You must have an everyday (i.e., transactional) Australian bank account where your name is exactly the same as your name on your bank account.

3. This bank account must be verified. eBay offer two ways of doing this – the login credentials method, or the micro-deposit method.

4. Your identity must also be verified. This must be done using appropriate photo ID – driver licence or passport.

All of the information about these requirements and the how-to is here:  https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

You must still send the item in the meantime.

If you need any other information, post here. Best of luck.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

payment

Obviously on a different account.

But to answer your question, yes it is safe to give bank details,  well just as safe as any other money processing business.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply