photo policy change

photo policy change , seems like it is never ending now we have to change photos to suit ebay policys all my pictures have been taken by myself and made smaller to allow them to be uploaded , when there to big they will not upload

all my pictures have been fine for years , they have told me I have over 340 lots with pictures that do not meet there currently policy size

do they realise how much work is invoived to re do all of these

gee when are they going to stop making rediculess changes

it is back enough with all the changes they have made in the last 6 months like most Australian sellers we are down well over 30% of sales in the last 3 months

does anybody know what changes they expect with photo's and what happens if they do not get upgraded

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

photo policy change

photo policy change

Most of mine were about 450 pixels so of course I have to change them and with over 600 listings it's going to take a while, a real PITA
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

photo policy change

Since the policy change was announced (a long time ago now) I have been saving my photos at least 1600 pix on one side for the ebay pic, I have listed a fair number of old listings through Turbo Lister which say the photo is not compliant however they have all uploaded, they are all still there and they all show the same regardless.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

photo policy change

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Since the policy change was announced (a long time ago now) I have been saving my photos at least 1600 pix on one side for the ebay pic, I have listed a fair number of old listings through Turbo Lister which say the photo is not compliant however they have all uploaded, they are all still there and they all show the same regardless.

How interesting PJ that you are comfortable violating this ebay policy, given that you consistently note the policy breaches of others.

Is it just some policies that you think it is ok to breach, or have you relaxed your views on working within ebay rules generally?

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

photo policy change

As this policy doesn't have force until February next year, the warnings are exactly that - warnings.

As the policy is not yet extant it is impossible to be in breach of it.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

photo policy change

The way I read it the final deadline for all photos is Feb 2014 - but the quality requirements are already in force for new and revised listings.  

This is also supported by the message you get in selling manager that explicitly warns you if have pictures that violate ebay policy.

FROM EBAY FACT SHEET

When I revise and relist Good โ€˜Til Canceled listings do the picture quality requirements apply

Yes. All new and revised listings and re-listings are subject to the new picture quality requirements, including Good โ€˜Til Canceled listings. Good โ€˜Til Canceled listings that automatically renew (without revisions) will not be impacted before February 2014.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

photo policy change

I have 4. And every one of them is a 800 x 1200 scan of the actual book. And every one of them contains a blurb on the front cover. And I am waiting for eBay's algorithm to realise that that is not text (by their definition). Or T&S is getting a spray. But they relist every month so obviously are NOT in breach of CURRENT policy. As they are GTC.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

photo policy change

Different issue than the one I raised all together lol.   

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

photo policy change

The little icon in TL recommends you have 1600 but if 500 is legal after Feb then that's all I'm doing.It distorts the pictures I already have to enlarge them that much. New pics I will make larger. It's still a big job either way
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply