please take note of feedback extortion member

I have just reported to ebay a member who has left me negative feedback and clearly is attempting to extort me. I asked the buyer would resolve the issue of the negative feedback. Their respone. Refund. I then asked them to return the goods in line with ebay policies and their response was. No. I then asked if they wanted to keep the goods and have a refund, would that make them happy. They responded simply yes it would.

The clincher is that they basically leave negative feedback for everything they buy and then have it revised as witnessed by their feedback left for others. They have some revised and some not.

So they have a clear pattern of behaviour and I am left without any practical recourse other than to roll the dice refund them and hope they revise their feedback.

Being the clear criminal that they are I really don’t want to roll the dice on them. In the meantime my Top seller status and dsr’s  is now under jeopardy and therefore my livelihood and the food I put on the table.

What is the bet ebay does not remove their account or feedback on some vague reasoning and the only response I receive is a canned response that may not even address my complaint.  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: please take note of feedback extortion member

Given that they've already neg'd you and probably already left a low DSR, don't give them the satisfaction of a refund. If it's blatantly obvious that's what they do, they can't make things worse for you. Chances are, even if you asked, they wouldn't revise the feedback anyway. Tell them to take a hike, you're not falling for their scam.

Without putting their actual username on here, which you're not allowed to do, any hints of who this person may be? 

Don't forget to add them to your blocked list.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Feedback extortion is against eBay policy, if they are clear enough about it with what they say, report them to eBay and give eBay copies of their emails.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have only had 2 negs in 12 months all you have to do is click on the feedbacks the users and click on feedback left for others to see which one has left negative for all their purchases.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

The problem is the ebay definition of what is clear probably does not exstist in a real sense just a notional sense. I did report it and it is clear to me, ten dollars says that feedback is still on my account next week.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

RING them.

And taljk to a supervisor. Point put that they do this habitually, and eBay's own policies state that feedback from this sort of buyer can and will be removed.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@design-n-decor wrote:

I have only had 2 negs in 12 months all you have to do is click on the feedbacks the users and click on feedback left for others to see which one has left negative for all their purchases.

unfortunately, we can not see the member ID on your feedback.  Try logging out of eBay and looking at your own feedback to see what everyone else sees.  All I can see of the buyer's ID is the anonymous ID as shown in the following screen capture:

neg feedback.JPG

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply