poor manners

Has anybody else noticed the general lack of manners exhibited by many buyers these days--perhaps it mirrors society,but I have noticed over the last couple of years that a considerable percentage of ( presumably satisfied) buyers dont bother to leave feedback

Not usaully the case with sellers .

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

poor manners

Feedback is voluntary.

Many new buyers don't even know it exists.

I think many are tired of always having to give feedback.

Every time you call your phone company, send a parcel with AP, ask a retailer a question etc. etc. etc.

image host
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

poor manners

Um....leaving feedback is voluntary....don't understand what manners has to do with it.

"Not usaully the case with sellers ."

Many buyers would disagree.

Always thought most people were here to buy & sell....I will never understand the obsession with feedback....

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

poor manners

You don't understand the obsession with feedbacks? I don't believe it's an obsession. I wonder if you would buy from a seller with a 98.6 rating? Pray tell, what other way/s have we, as buyers, got to obtain that information. It is courtesy on both sides. Much ado about nothing. Really!
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

poor manners

I have bought from sellers with bad feedback with no problems.

I have bought from sellers with fantastic feedback and been burnt.

With the way ebay interferes with feedback it is really rather meaningless now.

The fact that sellers are no longer allowed to leave neutral or negative for a buyer makes it very one sided.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

poor manners

I must admit I think it courteous to let a seller know the item arrived and in good order.

The main reason I leave feedback for sellers.

image host
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

poor manners

Well, I cannot understand how anyone can under rate feedback.  As a Seller, it really worries me especially when a parcel is safe dropped and I don't get any feedback.  It is not a "pat on the back" or "green tick" or something so childish as some may suggest, but just reassuring to know that the parcel has been received, that the buyer is happy, and that they wont do a chargeback in 6 months time. At least if they have left postitve feedback, it is some proof if a chargeback does occur down the track, that they did indeed receive the parcel and had no complaints. Now that banks are sending out statements every 6 months, instead of monthly, I expect chargebacks to substantiallly increase in number. How many of you have come home from shopping and thought you lost money, until you actually added up what you had spent and realized you hadn't lost anything? How is the buyer going to remember what they bought 6 months ago, when the statement simply says "Paypal" with the dollar amount spent, and no indication of what it was for? Just the thought of what may (most likely) occur down the track, makes me shudder.  I would like to see buyers having to leave feedback for tracked  items received (compulsory) before they can buy again. It could be just a simple question when they go to buy again. e.g. You recently purchased and received item xxxx, were you satisfied with the sale? Then just a "yes" or "no" button. If "no" then there could be other questions. This would be easy for the buyer, and reassuring for the seller. 

Wanting feedback is not an obsession, just a desire for peace of mind. Not requiring a pat on the back, green tick, puff up the chest, or other trivial childish suggestions.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

poor manners

"At least if they have left postitve feedback, it is some proof if a chargeback does occur down the track, that they did indeed receive the parcel and had no complaints."

In no way is leaving feedback any form of proof of reciving the item.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

poor manners

" I wonder if you would buy from a seller with a 98.6 rating?"

Wonder not...I certainly would...after looking at the negs...which quite often are inaccurate & left by clueless buyers.

" It is courtesy on both sides."

Oh I agree...but on this site it's still voluntary.

"You don't understand the obsession with feedbacks?"

That's right I don't...particularly when a member has received  let's say as an example 1120 & left 1053.

" Much ado about nothing. Really!"

Yes really...I have no beef with the feedback system...I leave it for every sale & purchase...but I certainly respect the right of those who do not choose to do so & do not worry if I don't receive any...I understand the meaning of voluntary.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

poor manners

There are so many things wrong with this post.............

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Well, I cannot understand how anyone can under rate feedback.  As a Seller, it really worries me especially when a parcel is safe dropped and I don't get any feedback. If a parcel is safe dropped and you don't get feedback then there is nothing to worry about.  If the buyer screams that they did not get it then it the time to worry.

It is not a "pat on the back" or "green tick" or something so childish as some may suggest, but just reassuring to know that the parcel has been received, that the buyer is happy, and that they wont do a chargeback in 6 months time. Leaving feedback is by no means a guarantee that they will not do a chargeback down the track.

At least if they have left postitve feedback, it is some proof if a chargeback does occur down the track, that they did indeed receive the parcel and had no complaints. Chargebacks are far more likely to be for Unauthorised Use of the card ...not that the item was not received or not as described.  Those are more likely to be done through ebay or paypal.

Now that banks are sending out statements every 6 months, instead of monthly, I expect chargebacks to substantiallly increase in number. How many of you have come home from shopping and thought you lost money, until you actually added up what you had spent and realized you hadn't lost anything? How is the buyer going to remember what they bought 6 months ago, when the statement simply says "Paypal" with the dollar amount spent, and no indication of what it was for? My bank statement actually gives the paypal reference number that is on the paypal receipt and also on the transaction in my paypal account.  There is no need for me to remember anything as I can look it up.

Just the thought of what may (most likely) occur down the track, makes me shudder.  I would like to see buyers having to leave feedback for tracked  items received (compulsory) before they can buy again.  And what happens when you buy from overseas and the item has not arrived and you want to buy something else?  You cannot buy until you leave feedback for the parcel that is still on the way?   And if the item is not tracked.....? It could be just a simple question when they go to buy again. e.g. You recently purchased and received item xxxx, were you satisfied with the sale? Then just a "yes" or "no" button. If "no" then there could be other questions. This would be easy for the buyer, and reassuring for the seller. Ebay already does all the hard yakka with feedback....all the buyer needs to do is click on yes/no and the stars.  If they will not do it now what makes you think they will do it when it is in a different format?

Wanting feedback is not an obsession, just a desire for peace of mind. Not requiring a pat on the back, green tick, puff up the chest, or other trivial childish suggestions.

If you have such a need for peace of mind then maybe selling on ebay is not for you.  One thing is certain....with the way ebay keeps changing things and making things harder for sellers you will never get peace of mind.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply