positive feedback / low star

saarzi
Community Member

I now have three glowing positive feedbacks, with low star ratings for "item as described".

One even says "perfect condition, a credit to Ebay!!!".. then gives me low stars and a defect.

So now, three defects this month that dont seem to belong, and I cant ask for them to revise, because they are positive.  

The low stars do not reflect the buyers experience, as per the buyers own comments.

Two of them look like they just didnt realise 3 stars was a defect (and dont mean "average" or somehting similar).

Any luck in having these removed?

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

comcol
Community Member

You have absolutely no chance. Ebay could not care less

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

We've had these as well and tried to have them removed by EBay but not a chance. In one case we contacted the buyer about it and she responded saying she clearly remembered leaving us 5 stars because she was very happy. But still the one for as described was a 3. So we reckon EBay are fiddling with them. Even when we tried to have them changed with the messages from the buyer no go. So I think you are stuck with it unfortunately.
Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

you have a PM
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:
We've had these as well and tried to have them removed by EBay but not a chance. In one case we contacted the buyer about it and she responded saying she clearly remembered leaving us 5 stars because she was very happy. But still the one for as described was a 3. So we reckon EBay are fiddling with them. Even when we tried to have them changed with the messages from the buyer no go. So I think you are stuck with it unfortunately.

Interesting Clarry, It's a grim thought that ebay might be doing this. It's shared by many many Sellers. Who knows what else they manipulate ?

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

The star ratings are very subjective. I am sure some buyers rate things not against your description but against how they rate the quality of the product against similar or whether it suited them.

Witness one of your neutral ratings-not because there was anything wrong with the item, but because the blouse did not fit and your ad said no returns. Yet you gave the measurements.

And I am pretty sure most buyers feel 3 stars means yes, happy enough, an average hassle free transaction.

Time for ebay to either revamp or delete the whole star rating system or else only make 1 or 2 stars cause for any defect. And maybe warn buyers if they go to mark those stars!

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Had the same thing happen to me with one/some of my latest sales which didn't match feedback left by buyer/s, don't which sales though. I think ebay should just get rid of the star ratings and leave the neg/neut/poz feedback system. 

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

My first thought was that Ebay was fiddling with them. Maybe another way to push out small sellers. I only thought that because two of the sellers I did communicate with were extremely happy with the items.. no issues at all, and its never happened before but now all of a sudden its three in one month.

It wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if Ebay was changing them.

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

Sorry for bringing up a very old thread but I am 100% positive that ebay are in fact playing with the ratings.

I know many sellers who have sold items as described but have received low stars for items as described.

The buyers have all given glowing positive feedback.

Ebay are a very sly company or these buyers are all liars?

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

You've had enough lying buyers to know the answer to that. I know most of your problems were due to INR, but plenty of buyers still have no idea that we can check what rating they left. They imply they are the buyer of the year but when you check behind the scenes, you learn the truth.

I got a rating defect when they were still being issued. Buyer gave glowing feedback theen left a 1 star for as described and 2 stars for the others. I sent them a message asking if there was an issue and they said no and that was evident by the feedback. I said the feedback wasn't the issue, what about the stars? The reply I got was "oh, I didn't realise you could see who left what". Yes, yes we can. Welcome to my party list. I had a few of those.

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply