postage discounts

Is there a way to offer postage discounts in a multi variation listing. Basically I do not want to give a discount for seperate listings just within the listing for each variation.

I have it set to $1.95 flat rate + $1.00 for each extra one and no free post for any other listing but it treats each variation as a different listing and charges $1.95 for each variation however if someone purchases 2 of the same variation it just adds the extra $1.00

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

postage discounts

Just popping this back up the top dylan, I have no idea but someone else may.....

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

postage discounts

You have to create a postage discount and apply it just to that listing.

You can create multiple flat rate postage discount profiles for different types of items, and then apply them to individual listings (a listing can't have more than one flat rate postage discount, but it can have a flat rate and promotional discount) - after you've created a postage discount rule/profile, edit the listing and in the postage section of the listing form, tick the box that says "Apply my flat postage rule with profile name" and then select the right discount profile from the dropdown menu. 

To create a postage discount, go to Account > Site Preferences > Postage Preferences and edit the first option (or click on any of your listings and there should be a 'create postage discounts" link at the top).

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

postage discounts

Thanks DG but I had a quick look at creating the rules. I have one already that is basically free for each extra item.

The problem is with a multi variation listing is that it still treats it as seperate listings for each variation (which is OK) but I want the discount to apply to the variations only and not to other different listings. If that makes sense.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

postage discounts

I know exactly what you mean, trust me 😛 , but I assure you if you're using flat rate postage, you can create a discount profile and only use it for that listing.

You can only have one promotional postage rule, but you can have multiple flat rate postage rules, so you need to create a new (or extra) flat postage rule, then apply it to the variation listing. 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

postage discounts

How do I create a seperate rule though? I went into the listing and tried editing it there but it just changed everything globally. That was a flat rate postage rule. A lot of my listings are old so maybe they don't have any new features that are there now. I know that when I list on one of new accounts it is a fairly different layout.

When I go into the site preferences it does come up with a code like number for the rule name but there is no place (that I can see)  to add new rules under a different name...The only rule I have there now (or only ever had) is free post, and I just click apply rule in the listings.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

postage discounts

OK so I figured out how to create the seperate rule. but I dont think it is working properly.

I just want no discount at all except within the multi variation listing, as in add $1.00 for each extra item in the listing. I can put add $1.00 through the listing but if the variation is changed then it reverts back to the postage rule, which is what I want, but not if someone orders a totally different listing

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

postage discounts

It's doesn't help that I can't add items to the cart and see what is going on either. I can't buy my own items for some reason.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

postage discounts

Which listing is it - I'll test it out by adding a couple of different variations to my cart. (You should also be able to check whether it will work properly by clicking on the listing and viewing the Postage & Payments tab - any postage discounts that will apply to that listing's items, whether same or different variations, should be written in green text at the top). 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

postage discounts

thanks for your help DG. it is item no 111309152239

It is there like you say but I think it is applying it to all listings, I really have no idea though.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply