postage fees to Queensland

I have a retro metal meat mincer for sale, and a buyer from Queensland is wondering why I am charging so much for postage.

Please could I get some feedback from more experienced sellers?

To send a 2.5 bubble wrapped item to Queensland from Victoria: interstate charge $12.85,

plus distance charge V1 to NT1 of $5.55 per K =  $5.55 x 3                                              12.85

Handling fee                                                                                                                                  2.00   

Total             31.50

The customer has suggested I send it to her in a prepaid satchel,

and that it would cost around $13.

Could that be right?

Thanks                                                   

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

chezzy
Community Member

Wouldn't NT1 be Northern Territory?

Also, if the item could be safely packaged in a prepaid parcel post satchel (3kg) then yes it could work out quite a bit cheaper.

Have you also considered ebay labels/flat rates? I am not sure of the size of those retro mincers but I do know that through

ebay labels you can send an item in a Bx4 box (up to 5kg) for $15 anywhere in Australia (box/packaging/additional services

would be extra...).

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

if it's going to QLD you should be looking at prices from Q1-Q4 not NT. yes satchels are a cheaper way to go as long as you can pack it good enough. Try putting it in shoe box then in a 3 kg satchel.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

3 kg prepaid satchels - for future info. These can be sent Australia wide using eBay online postage labels for $11.70.

You need to buy the satchels in small packs (without postage included) online first. They work out around .15c each depending on size.

up to 500gm satchels are also avail. $7.15 for the postage labels.

Magazines (up to 500gms weight) can be sent as large letters $3.50. Height less than 2cm. Australia wide rate. No tracking.

Item weighs 2.5KG?

Maybe it would be better in a box (if it fits) ? As suggested above (chezzy)

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

If it is too large to fit in a 3kg satchel with protective packaging, you can also get 5kg satchels from the post office and I think they are $15 - $16.00 flat rate anywhere in Australia.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

5 kg satchels at the post office are now $17.10.

Hopefully it will fit in a 3 kg satchel for $13.40.

Ordinary flat rate will be over $20 so a satchel is best.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

For an item that weighs 2 - 3 kg from Vic to Qld - Aust post charge $26.80  If it fits in a 3k satchel you pay $13.40, or a 5kg satchel for $17.10.  Don't forget the Ebay and Paypal fees on postage, so you will need to add 15% or so on top of your postage price to cover that.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply