postage glitch continues...

I have sold a few items free post, and have no way ( that I know of, thus the question) of telling whether I offered free standard or free registered, as when I click on postage, I get the silly message 'postage can't be calculated' and am unable to determine whether it was advertised as registered or not..

are ebay messing us around to be sure that we are open to as many defects as possible!?

I looked up an old sale that was registered, with no problems on the P&H page, no silly message, just says registered, but even that one doesn't say in the email anything but standard, or  that it was registered.. so I don't know how to find out.. any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If it is sold then surely if you just print the invoice it is on there?  When I print my invoices it always shows the type of post (I offer a variety of standard/registrered/express.  If you don't want to print them have you tried to go into "view sales record"?  that screen also shows you if the buyer has sent you a message and you can leave them one.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I know exactly what you mean ... see my prevous post "postage glitch"  - as soon as you have sold an item, the postage method disappears and you get the error.  

However, I found out that if I click one step further and "view order details" it tells me what the original postage method was.

I have reported the error several times and they say it has been esculated, but I don't think anything is being done really.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Well it says standard on both invoice and order details, so it must have been standard... I wondered because it is a more expensive item, one would normally be registered... the pop down menu must have reverted to standard somewhere along the line. Probably should send it registered anyway, since it's not a po box and AP have already lost a couple items this month.. ( just read in my local paper , inner west courier..about an ex real estate agent with a master key to letterboxes stealing mail for months!)

thanks for your help/s

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply