problem relising an item

trying to relist an item keep getting this message

The UPC field is missing. Please add UPC to the listing and try again. If you're using a mobile app, make sure you have version 5.1 or higher.

i'm on a desktop, preview of listing works ok just not actual listing it.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

problem relising an item

ok, rang ebay and got instructed to switch to the 'advanced' listing tool on each of my items that need listing.

under advanced there is a UPC field that you can put 'does not apply' onto

this cures the problem and item lists as normal.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

problem relising an item

Is it a multi-variation listing?

If so each variant must have these fields completed, even if its DOES NOT APPLY.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

problem relising an item

its a single item listing that i ended early and now requires relisting, i have 20 of them and looks like the same message is comming up on all of them.

i did 1 that was fine, second one produced this message and ive trien another and got the same message.

each item is a different item not lots of the same item.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

problem relising an item

its telling me the USP field is missing, where the heck does a USP field go?

i have MPN spot, thats got a choice of 'enter your own', 'does not apply' or '-'

i have tried all three including putting in the number of the item the manufacturerer uses.

still get the same message.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

problem relising an item

Same problem here - a large chunk of my items ended on Monday, tried to relist and copped this MPN / UPC **bleep**ola. Never been a problem before...

The UPC field is in the Variations window - just select "Does not apply" on each variation, and it'll go through just fine.
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

problem relising an item

I just went in to revise one of our single listing items (ie no variations).

I found that the UPC field was BLANK.

We spent several days fixing these all up months ago.

I could not re-save the listing until I had put back DOES NOT APPLY (which was there before). Grrr!!

So it looks like someone has been tinkering again and if you re-list or revise the field gets BLANKed out.

That will become most annoying if every time we need to make changes to a listing we have to re-populate these fields.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

problem relising an item

i'm just using the bog standarl list an item for sale gizmo, from the 'sell' button at the top of the page.

i dont have any 'variations' window.

just tried listing one of the items from scratch as i have done many many times, still get the message about UPC field missing.

the 1000 free listings end tonight wanted to get all my listings relisted with the 30 days as i no longer get free relists on 7 day auctions.

very cross right now, glad i did most of my items on monday.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

problem relising an item

I've got just on 350 items in TurboLister for upload tonight - MAN am I going to be narked if I cop the UPC thing for items that don't have a variation or an actual part number!

What IS the part number for a 1979 Top 40 chart? Anyone? If I have to manually go through and click "Does not apply" on every single item, it's gonna get ugly...
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

problem relising an item

We have about 300 listings where we had to do just that several months ago. And many of them are multi-variation listings.

Each and every one had to be manually populated with DOES NOT APPLY including each variation.

Took some weeks to get thru it all.

Since then we have not had any troubles but just now I found that during a revise action the UPC field is BLANK.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply