problems with ebay filtered search

I sell lingerie in my store and have noticed that when I go to the general ebay search, and type in bra,  the size filter to the left of the page is no longer there. There are roughly 72,000 bra items worldwide and about 32,000 bra items in Australia listed. I have contacted ebay support but to no avail, I have had the standard 'we will get back to you in 24 hours' line twice now.

It is making the search for a bra impossible to narrow down for buyers unless they put the 'exact phrase'  in the search field.

Just imagine typing in shoes and not being able to narrow down the search by your size, you'd be there all day!

I checked the ebay us and uk sites and they not only have a size search but also a cup size search within that.

what's the point of filling out the items specifics within a listing, if ebay aren't using them to help buyers narrow down a search..

all i know is it was there about a month ago, but no longer..

has anyone else noticed the filters in their categories missing?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: problems with ebay filtered search

The same thing happened in other women's clothing categories (you can no longer filter tops by things like sleeve style). I'm not sure what the reasoning behind it is - every time similar changes to categories and searches happen, it's almost invariably supposed to bring the Oz site in line with other sites, but the removal of categories and functions without adding the ones they have on other sites is all that seems to happen. o_O

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yes our site seems to be constantly condensing...making searching much harder work.

I know I've been doing a lot of searching lately & have found ebay is now super case sensitive......just an example... can't thing of absolute specifics at this time of the night.....

.if i type in SWANS  I often don't see many listings with just the singular SWAN & visa versa

So if you want to find say a pair of swans typing in the word Swan [without the plural] may not reveal any listings with the plural.

And then when I re-do the search an hour or so later I am shown quite a different range of products to the first search in some instances/categories.

I guess re your bras you would have to make sure you put the cup size for here & o/s sizes & the colour in your Title ... Pink Lacy Bra Size 14c & whatever the o/s size to match would be.

I know if I were to search for a bra I would automatically type Bra Black 12B to filter out all the 44double d's etc.

.I will repeat my opening statement tho.....

Yes our site seems to be constantly condensing...making searching much harder work.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If you search bra within the women's clothing sub-category you do get the ability to seach by size .... at least that's something ...:O

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

The new magical Houdini search can make listings appear and disappear and also apparently knows what each buyer wants. So just sit at the computer, think really hard about what you're really looking for, press the Search button and Hey Presto your items will be found!

:^O :^O

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

sport&play thanks for the morning giggle

The frustrating thing about selling here now is the new buyers would just do a basic search, not understanding the complications of actually FINDING what you are looking for on here.

I often view the Completed Listings......I see MANY people only get the sale on the RELISTED Item.....so basically many sellers are listing twice before they actually get a sale.

This was such a RARE occurence years back. And when you think about it there should, now that ebay is an acceptable household word i.e. mr & mrs average feel safer buying on line....there should be a LOT more buyers & therefore a lot more competition.  I don't see a lot of competition on completed listings.  NOT referring to BIN items obviously.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I have just had an online chat about the frustration of wanting to do a basic search of size and why the filters don't work like the other ebay sites.  The guy said he'd send it off to get sorted... hmmm.  Maybe if we all raise this with ebay they might do something about it..

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

If you search bra within the women's clothing sub-category you do get the ability to seach by size .... at least that's something ...:O

I was going to suggest the same. I think the OP is just doing a search in all categories and get everything shown. To get these filters displayed they need to be in a specific category where these filters are.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

5 1/2 year old Zombie thread oz.....................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply