"Feel the thrill of the sell" .... vomit

Has to laugh at this ad on the frontpage of Ebay.

Yeah. 'feel the thrill of the sell.'

The thrill of being charged a 10% fee on the item you sell,  as well as another 10% on the postage.

And on top of that, the thrill of being forced to use Paypal where you have to pay yet another fee for simply recieving money.

So thrilling.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: "Feel the thrill of the sell" .... vomit

Oh, I dunno... I still find selling fairly thrilling. 😄

The FVF and all the other stuff does sometimes result in a bit of an anti-climax, though. Like getting a chocolate chip cookie and taking a bite, only to find it's filled with raisins, instead.  blech

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

agree with you...digital*ghost

the sound of the CHING on my phone make me excited every single time
its the best sound in the world!

the FVFs suck but i am used to them and dont worry about them anymore. I just incorporate all the fees into my pricing

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Yep, I love that ca-ching-a on my phone and always check excitedly 🙂 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Can't say I do much anymore. I loved it once. I find ebay these days just a wee bit like an Online Mine Field.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@van_werkhoven wrote:

Yep, I love that ca-ching-a on my phone and always check excitedly 🙂 

My phone has been ca-chinging LOTS over the last couple of weeks. Yesterday and today it's been going nuts. Yes, the fees suck big time, but I still get excited every time the phone goes off.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Selling anything, almost anywhere incurs fees. Ebays fees are just about smack on market prices.

Feel the thrill of selling via another medium?  this isnt like petrol prices or an electricity bill. You dont have to be here. Plenty of other ways of building a successful business out there. Why chose this one if youre not happy with it?

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I hear ya OP.

eBay fees are insane when compared to the level of service provided.  Not so much if you are doing ok profit wise. 

Generally I have to say that whilst I appreciate the opportunities to trade that I am afforded by using eBay,  I have never disliked a service provider so much.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@motor_booty_affair wrote:

Has to laugh at this ad on the frontpage of Ebay.

Yeah. 'feel the thrill of the sell.'

The thrill of being charged a 10% fee on the item you sell,  as well as another 10% on the postage.

And on top of that, the thrill of being forced to use Paypal where you have to pay yet another fee for simply recieving money.

So thrilling.

Ha ha! You've just gotta love the righteous indignation of those who stand up for ebay whenever someone mentions their dislike for the platform, don't you?

I too, thoroughly enjoyed ebay as a selling platform until last year's draconian changes - now? Hardly worth the trouble of advertising in my niche category, sales are so abysmally slow. I'm just glad that it's still just a hobby, and I never took the plunge to go fulltime!

It will be interesting to see how those overprotective sellers react when ebay's MBG starts to bite the hand that feeds them.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Ha ha! You've just gotta love the righteous indignation of those who stand up for ebay whenever someone mentions their dislike for the platform, don't you?

ha we all know they are ebay kiss -rses its these fools yes fools that give ebay the impression they can charge what they like and change what they want because they will never say anything against ebay in fear there accounts get closed on them. but again these fools never use there sellers ids here on forums because they are all talk think they are the smartest humans around but in fact thy are the lowest form of human. lol to most of them haha they will tell you how good there sales are and always kept busy but they spend most of there time here on forums offering nothing but **bleep** to genuine ops questions.

I stated when feebay started taking a cut in fees for postage i will stop selling and ive kept my word NOT LIKE many others. we make fun of the kiwis but at lest they had the brains to dump ebay and start there own site (sell me now) honestly anybody that even thinks ebay is a fair site to sell is kidding themselfs. ebay dont give a hoot about sellers never have never will buyers will always remain ebays top concern as its not sellers that make them dollars its buyers that earn them fvfs. ebay is not a sellers market nor is it a buyers market anymore what ebay is its a dumping ground for millions of worthless **bleep** offered by the chiness sellers for the lazy people to buy rather than getting up from there computer and going to there local shopping centre and buy the same things at much cheaper prices. all these smart sellers stating its ok we just add the fees and postage into the price of our items well it dont take much doing that to push the cost of that item over and past the RRP of it.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply