"available funds" but payout won't occur?

Hi all, I'd love it if someone can help me. I've googled this for hours...

I have some money available in my seller dashboard which appears as "available funds", but the money won't pay out into my bank account. The 'available funds' have been there since July, and it's now the end of September. I've googled articles that recommend I "withdraw"  the funds, but I don't see anywhere that that's an available function. Can someone step me through how on earth I get these funds into a bank account?

Thank you so much!!!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

ave you completed the managed payments sign up

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Unless you have signed up to Managed Payments, and gone through the two separate verification processes of (1) photo ID and (2) bank account (verified by either login credentials OR micro deposits, you will never be paid.

In addition, “new” sellers (including occasional sellers / infrequent sellers / people who’ve not sold for a while) will be subject to a 30 day hold.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

No need to Google for hours

You just needed to sign up for Managed Payments before selling (which has been in place for three nd a half years) and read what you ticked as you read and understood when you listed

Google is unlike to give you the type of 100% correct information you absolutely must know to get your funds 

And it has to be 100% correct and complete or you will never get your funds

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I've been selling ebay items since 2002 and have always received payouts into the same account (which has been verified multiple times). 'Managed Payments' has been in place for 3 and a half years, yes, and I have been selling items plenty during that time with no issue. Now I have "available funds" and no way to get the money, it seems.

Everything seems up to date on 'manage payments', all it says is that I'm paid "daily". No option to say WHERE the funds go to, or when, or how (or why they're stuck!). They could not have made the interface any more confusing if they tried.

Can someone tell me exactly what buttons to press and where to go? All this advice is very vague, though I am grateful for it.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-automatic-payment-method...

If your account details aren't up to date, or if you want to receive payouts to a different account, you'll need to update your bank account details from the Payments tab in Seller Hub, or from Payments in My eBay.

From the Payments tab in Seller Hub or Payments  in My eBay, you can see which bank account is currently set up to receive your payouts, and you can update your details when you need to. 

To update your bank account for payouts:

1. Go to Payments in Seller Hub or My eBay.
  2. Select Edit next to the payout method you want to update.
  3. Select Add and follow the steps to add your new payout method.

It usually takes 2 business days for changes to be confirmed and payouts to be enabled for your new bank account.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

For your sale in  July, was the sale actually completed.  You seem to have the same item relisted and currently available for sale.

Your only other recent sale  23rd of August, funds would likely be just available, due to 30 day hold on funds.

You appear to be  and infrequent seller, and as such payment holds apply.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. It's been 42 days since my August 23 sale, so if its a 30 day hold that is causing the delay, that should have passed a fortnight ago...

The 23 July item was sold and the recipient decided to return the item, so I refunded her and it was sent back and is now for sale again. But her refund was already debited from my account, so the apparently 'on hold' funds are still a mystery... I just want to access the money!

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Have you actually contacted Ebay

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Contact ebay CS,  a typical hold on funds is 30 days, but this can be extended, from memory up to 180 days.

As there was some form of problem with the first sale, it is possible the hold period has been extended.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply