reciprocal feedback - have to click on each one???

I have to click on each feedback response to read the "reciprocal feedback" This is just stupid and makes reading feedback / judging seller a pain in the 455.

What is the rationale of making feedback harder to read?

Kindest Regards,
cutipize
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Previously, if you wanted to see the feedback the other party gave you had to click on the item and then go through the selling history to try and find the reciprocal feedback, and many times it couldn't be done, so this new feature saves a LOT of time.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

You could actually do it from the feedback page before the update - next to the feedback received, there was an icon that looked a bit like a chat window (from memory) and clicking that would expand the feedback to show all of the feedback given and received for that item between those two members, including replies to FB received. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@cutipize wrote:

I have to click on each feedback response to read the "reciprocal feedback" This is just stupid and makes reading feedback / judging seller a pain in the 455.

What is the rationale of making feedback harder to read?

You still have all the old ways available and have added a search feature so you can check for certain items so for once it looks like an improvement.good.gif

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

You could actually do it from the feedback page before the update - next to the feedback received, there was an icon that looked a bit like a chat window (from memory) and clicking that would expand the feedback to show all of the feedback given and received for that item between those two members, including replies to FB received. 

That's news to me but as there's no way of checking what it used to look like I'll have to take your word for it.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

brerrabbit585

Previously, if you wanted to see the feedback the other party gave you had to click on the item and then go through the selling history to try and find the reciprocal feedback, and many times it couldn't be done, so this new feature saves a LOT of time.

Not sure what you mean there (perhaps you mean FB on the actual item?).

Before, whilst searching items, I clicked on the seller's feedbck number, which took me to their feedback. I could then quickly scan, looking at the responses, to get a feel for the seller.

Now, there is a 'reciprocal response' in blue that I have to click on each feedback to see the responses - some of which, there is actually no response (red herrings). Incredulous.

Just as an aside, there is a battery seller on ebay who has really, really terrible reviews about not wanting to refund for goods that are faulty, customer time wasting, fobbing off customers and just general 'show me the money, then goodbye' type of behaviour - from forums, product review sites and general site reviews, but, you check the feedback on ebay and there are a hundred grey feedbacks but NO red ones. Customers warn that when they have left negative feedback, it disappears after a short while, apparently appealed.

I no longer trust the negative (red) feedback and now use the grey ones to get a feel for the sellers rep.

Omission of the truth is a lie.

Kindest Regards,
cutipize
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@cutipize wrote:

brerrabbit585

Not sure what you mean there (perhaps you mean FB on the actual item?).

Before, whilst searching items, I clicked on the seller's feedbck number, which took me to their feedback. I could then quickly scan, looking at the responses, to get a feel for the seller.

Now, there is a 'reciprocal response' in blue that I have to click on each feedback to see the responses - some of which, there is actually no response (red herrings). Incredulous.

Just as an aside, there is a battery seller on ebay who has really, really terrible reviews about not wanting to refund for goods that are faulty, customer time wasting, fobbing off customers and just general 'show me the money, then goodbye' type of behaviour - from forums, product review sites and general site reviews, but, you check the feedback on ebay and there are a hundred grey feedbacks but NO red ones. Customers warn that when they have left negative feedback, it disappears after a short while, apparently appealed.

I no longer trust the negative (red) feedback and now use the grey ones to get a feel for the sellers rep.

Omission of the truth is a lie.

What do mean before? I can still do this

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@cutipize wrote:

Are you referring to replies to feedback received?

eg a buyer would leave a neg, and then sometimes the seller would reply directly to that comment and it shows underneath the buyer's comment? They should still show, if the seller has actually left a reply (at least, they show when looking on a PC).

Reciprocal feedback is to view the feedback the the seller left for the buyer for that specific transaction, which is different to replies to feedback received. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply