refunds

Hi Can ebay remove money from my paypal to give buyer a refund with out my say so finger crossed Matt
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

refunds

No ebay can not do that.

The buyer would need to open a dispute over the purchase and escalate to a claim and then paypal will decide the out come.

If they have the item then they will be asked to return for a refund.

If they have not got the item and you can prove lodgement then paypal will not refund the buyer from your money but if you can not prove postage then paypal will refund from your money.

More info will help in giving a more accurate reply.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

refunds

even with this new return rule that is coming
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

refunds

With the new rules it will be different again.

See the many threads about that topic.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

refunds

"Hi Can ebay remove money from my paypal to give buyer a refund with out my say "

With the new policy, after a request from the buyer to the seller about a problem with the sale (where seller has their say) and an eBay case opened if issue is not resolved, eBay could make the decision the buyer is entitled to a refund. eBay will pay out the refund to the buyer themselves. If eBay find the seller at fault they will then recover the amount of the refund from the sellers Paypal account or add it to sellers eBay invoice.

That's the short version there is more to it than the above.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/money-back
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

refunds

For a good examply read "Important, International Postage", I think it will answer your question.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

refunds

If a buyer does not receive an item they paid for, anfd you can not prove postage when a dispute is opened, then yes, paypal will refund the buyer from you account.

Always post with paypal protection, trackable and lodged at AP - that way if an item is lost, you will be able to prove postage, and paypal will have to refund buyer from ther own coffers.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

refunds

Until No0vember ebay Australia will not get involved in recovering funds however if a buyer from overseas opens an ebay dispute and wins under the international selling agreement you have given them permission to debit your Paypal account by the amount of the refund if the buyer wins a claim.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

refunds

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply