removing web site link

What a joke !!!!! we have to remove web site links from our pages to make it fair, yet Ebay wont remove sponsered link at the bottom of my page advertising the same items I am selling.................... now thats fair, more money for EBAY less money for sellers......good on you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

removing web site link

@urbanzuu wrote:

What a joke !!!!! we have to remove web site links from our pages to make it fair, yet Ebay wont remove sponsered link at the bottom of my page advertising the same items I am selling.................... now thats fair, more money for EBAY less money for sellers......good on you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with you 110%   -  I don't have a website link, never have, however I think it's despicable that they have links to sponsored sites for the same items I am selling and that they send messages with links to 'cheaper items' you have recently looked at - grrrrrrrr

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

removing web site link

@mbselections00 wrote:

Agree with you 110%   -  I don't have a website link, never have, however I think it's despicable that they have links to sponsored sites for the same items I am selling and that they send messages with links to 'cheaper items' you have recently looked at - grrrrrrrr

I see that as an absolute joke that a site encourages members to buy items at a cheaper price so that the

site owners get less profit,(makes me think some of their high ranking staff compare to this > tease.gif

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

removing web site link

@urbanzuu wrote:

I'd be upset too if I were selling.

As a buyer, I sometimes find it interesting and click on the other items shown.

But they haven't refined it enough. I was recently looking at desks within 25 km of me, their 'suggestions' underneath showed desks from interstate, which is pretty useless.

I suppose the ebay way of thinking is if I don't buy the item I'm looking at, maybe they can tempt me to buy something else. They don't care who I buy from.

But yes, it's a bit of a low blow to show the selections immediately under the ad i click on.

If it helps, I don't think I have ever bought one of their 'suggestions', although I often click for a look.

Ebay is advertising an awful lot on TV at the moment, pushing the 'new' items barrel. I wonder if their sales have gone down?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

removing web site link

I wouldn't worry about removing website links from eBay. 

As a buyer I may have initially made my purchase from a company with a website through eBay, but once I got my item they have also enclosed business cards, fridge magnets, discount coupons (to be used only on their website) even free gifts or reduced postage incentives if my next purchase is from their website. 

Sometimes I have taken advantage of this, sometimes not.  There are some Oz sellers that have so much stuff on their websites and their search function is such a dog's breakfast that it is easier to find what I want and order from them on eBay. There are others where ordering from the website is easier so I buy from them direct.  There's an overseas company that I regularly buy direct from, but sometimes they have a sale item on eBay that is a real bargain so I will buy through eBay as well.  Another US company always used the GSP on eBay, but not of course on their website.  That made the choice easy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply