report on known non-payer

notjustmobiles
Community Member

Hi, I buyer sent me an offer for an item I was selling and I accepted the offer.  Since then there has been no communication from the buyer nor any payment.  Reviewing the negative feedback on the buyer's profile this is not the first time they have done this.  

As it has been slightly more than 30 days since the sold date, I can no longer cancel the transaction and get a refund on my fees.  

1. How to I process a cancellation now?

2. How do I report this repeat offender so that this does not happen again to another seller?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

1. You can't.

2. You can't. eBay provide specific time-delineated remedies. You have run out of time.

False positives for buyers can land sellers with policy violations. Only you know who the 'buyer' was, so if you do leave a false positive we won't know, and the only significant impact will be to increase their feedback score. Of positives.

Maybe read up on the FAQs about non-payers. That way you will realise the time limits for disputes.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Only ever give buyers 4 days and 1 minute to pay, after that cancel the sale.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You might want to get in touch with customer service and explain to them that you have not been paid. Hopefully they can do a manual cancellation on their side.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Good grief, no communication and no payment yet you waited for over 30 days? Why?

If a buyer hasn't paid within the week or at least dropped you a line to ask for a (short) extension of time to pay, you need to get on to it with ebay immediately.

That way, you'd get your fees back. I'd al least try what jellybird said, get in contact with customer service. You may get nowhere but it can't hurt to try.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You can thank those who gave this fake buyer positive feedback for constantly making fake bids and then refusing to pay, encouraging them to keep doing the same thing to others

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply