sale advice needed

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to sell an item and would like some advice. 

It had over 100 views, I've dropped the price recently, still no buyer. Someone else had copied part of my listing description and now selling for the same price as well. Recent 20% off click and collect and then Tech for selected eBay stores hasn't helped either.

Anyway, anything I can do to improve my chances? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

sale advice needed

Don't know about these top of the line things but if I buy a router my mind says I need to spend around 70-100 for a good one.

This may be great for some but a limited market I feel and how much are they brand new from a store with a guaranteed warranty ?

Many are concerned because often warranties are non transferable.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

sale advice needed

It is a limited market but they are selling. Retail is $500+. As for warranty you just need original receipt from an authorised reseller, which I provide.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

sale advice needed

just because there is no buyer yet doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong with the item, the price, or the listing. i can see you have a number of watchers - one of these watchers may one day just decide to purchase the item. i wouldn't stress about it - sometimes it just takes time. 

i've had items with a stack of watchers and hundreds of views that have never sold - and then i have had items which have had less than ten views and no watchers and someone just comes along and buys it. there's not necessarily always an art to it - sometimes it's just a case of people not buying because the time isn't right for them. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

sale advice needed

Thanks. Would you drop the price and add shipping or stick to free shipping? Or just sit and wait?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

sale advice needed

Just did a little research, don't think dropping the price any further will help.

Yours seems to be one of the cheaper around and whether it's 329 or 389 won't make a diff IMO.

I would assume people in the market for one of these is mostly going to B&M store or scorptec and the others are few n far between.

So this is probably one of those items you need to just keep listed until someone bites.

You could add best offer though.

Another point is if I buy something over around $100, I like to buy it in local city and pick it up, seeing before I pay.

You are in a country Vic town.

image host
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

sale advice needed

So 1 sold today for $449...go figure. From a seller with high feedback score.

I know it might sound stupid but would too low price scare some buyers away? Too good to be true, must be something wrong with it?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

sale advice needed

would too low price scare some buyers away?

Can do. Sellers have come here saying when they increased the price they sold more.

image host
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

sale advice needed

Let's try higher price with best offer then;)

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

sale advice needed

Just another quick question to more experienced sellers.

Since I have low feedback, is there anything I can do to make my listings more credible? There's other item I'm selling...the exact same one was sold today for a higher price than mine (it's a label maker and the one sold didn't even come with a tape). Is it just down to feedback? 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply