sales $1000, ebay fee $500? What's happening at ebay?

While COVID made sales dramatically down. Last 31 day's was $969 only, and August was $1300. 

However, I received ebay's invoice for 16/Aug - 15/Sep is $502!!!!

This is ridiculours that I must stop my ebay store right now!

Anyone have any idea what is happening at ebay? 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You only mention the AU $ amount ? (or is that after you have converted ALL sales to AU already ?

I am not sure if all the things you sold that were listed as being in Hong Kong and the price being in GBP for those items have been taken into consideration?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Do you generate eBay labels for postage?

They are not free and are added to your account.

Maybe look at your invoice and see what you are being charged for. YOU have the information available to you; WE can only speculate.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

You are selling squash and bat tennis related items. These are not going to sell very well during a lockdown. But stay positive, or trying selling lockdown-friendly things such as indoor items. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

What has what the OP sells have to do with the question?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Sell indoor items?
Squash and table tennis are played indoors.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

no I got a huge bill too!

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Well.. if he has high fees, his sales could be down. Maybe he needs to think about why his fees are so high. That is very high, you must be getting insertion fees. I avoid these as they can be 1.65 each item depending on the category. You should upgrade your store to featured. It only costs a bit more and you get 1500 insertion fee free listings per month. That's if you aren't registered for managed payments already. It could be a mistake on your invoice. 

Table tennis is indoor you're correct, i thought they were bat tennis. My mistake. 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@i-once-was-bump wrote:

Sell indoor items?
Squash and table tennis are played indoors.

I'm from Melbourne and there is huge lockdowns here. Gyms have been closed for much of the year - including squash. Many people who buy professional bat tennis equipment will play at indoor facilities, many of which are closed. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@moov-auction wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Well.. if he has high fees, his sales could be down. Maybe he needs to think about why his fees are so high. That is very high, you must be getting insertion fees. I avoid these as they can be 1.65 each item depending on the category. You should upgrade your store to featured. It only costs a bit more and you get 1500 insertion fee free listings per month. That's if you aren't registered for managed payments already. It could be a mistake on your invoice. 

Table tennis is indoor you're correct, i thought they were bat tennis. My mistake. 

He doesn't need to think why his fees are so high. His invoice will tell him exactly what he is being charged for.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply