seller protection and incorrect postage information

lolobgo
Community Member

Hi guys, 

Got a GREAT question for you all! 

I sold an item (woo hoo!) 

went to use ebay aust post postage, it won't work... normally the suburb is in the wrong spot, and i just change that over. 

Nope! The suburb / postcode is wrong... 

so i check the postcode out, no such suburb for that postcode.... 

so i get on the aust post website and i do a seach for the suburb.... no suburb exists. 

I message the buyer to confirm the postcode and suburb.... No answer, 

so i trot off to the post office to send it with signature on delivery to cover myself, and explained to the post master that the suburb was wrong, so he tries to look up the suburb... 

He says that it doesn't exist. Tells me to get in touch with the buyer to confirm the address. 

So i message again, explaining that i spoke to my postmaster about it and he also said i should confirm the address, before i send it...

Eventually the buyer sends a message to me stating that they have never had the address questioned before, and don't understand why i haven't sent the item, (although not saying if the suburb/postcode is different)

Now, i know that I'm supposed to send it to the paypal address, but if the suburb doesn't exist even if it's tracked, the tracking information will not come up different to the paypal suburb as it doesn't exist. 

How am i supposed to cover myself with acceptable proof of shipment? Just get the reciept at the PO with the postcode?

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

if you have sent it to the address in paypal and you have sent it SOD then you are covered. Did you fill out the lodgement receipt for SOD?

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

LodgementReceipt.jpg

Fill it out, Get the PO to stamp it. That's all I have needed in the past.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

No, I haven't sent it yet, as the post master told me to confirm it with the buyer, So I'll have to get one...

But what i don't understand is that if there is no suburb by that name, how can i be covered,

as the tracking will come up as delivered under a different suburb and even with SOD it will still be a different suburb.... Does the seller protection go only on the postcode?

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Is that for normal parcels too? or is it only registered post?

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

If it is a street address check on whereis by typing in the street name and postcode and see if you bring up the correct name for the suburb in case they have mispelt it.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

I tried that already! It looks like my buyer has combined two suburb names and turned it into their own personal suburb! That's why i asked them to confirm it. 

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

what's the suburb/postcode?

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Does whereis give you the correct suburb - if they do and it matches with the postcode then that is the address I would send it to.

Paypal do check on whereis if a buyer provides an address which is not accepted by the Australia Post system.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

buyer has it down as seaview park, 5049, 

but the suburbs are coming up under 5049 are 

Kingston Park
Marino
Seacliff
Seacliff Park
Seaview Downs

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply