sellers with no stock

Complaint - Shonky Ebay Seller 

This guy has advertised that he is in Australia but seems he is in china from the masses of negative feedback .
BEFORE PURCHASE i asked him specifically how long to post and he said 2 DAYS ,  is now 8 ays from purchase and he hasnt sent anything yet . Aust post has allocated tracking number but has not been given the item .

WHY IS EBAY   PROTECTING THESE SCAM SELLERS - FOR 9% ? 

I am sick of week after week . Why do i need to go through this week after week with sh*t sellers ????

Dont you have a conscience???

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

sellers with no stock

You would need to ask eBay

Or the buyers who choose to keep sellers with masses of negative feedback in business

You don't have to 'go through' anything, if the feedback shows they are scammers/dodgey/liars then do not buy from them. Simples

Nothing to do with other members here who are not responsible for other people's choices 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

sellers with no stock

A seller can be located physically in Australia, but could be dropshipping from China. There's nothing wrong or illegal with that. Plenty sellers manage to keep good feedback scores as long as they use reputable suppliers.

The main issue is that you had a massive red warning in terms of this sellers feedback, but chose to purchase anyway.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

sellers with no stock

@2010acdcrock wrote:

Complaint - Shonky Ebay Seller 

This guy has advertised that he is in Australia but seems he is in china from the masses of negative feedback .
BEFORE PURCHASE i asked him specifically how long to post and he said 2 DAYS ,  is now 8 ays from purchase and he hasnt sent anything yet . Aust post has allocated tracking number but has not been given the item .

WHY IS EBAY   PROTECTING THESE SCAM SELLERS - FOR 9% ? 

I am sick of week after week . Why do i need to go through this week after week with sh*t sellers ????

Dont you have a conscience???

Ebay is allowing these sellers because buyers keep buying. If buyers don't buy, the seller wont sell.

You state masses of negative feedback, and you still made a purchase.  Why do you support bad sellers?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

sellers with no stock

Nothing you have mentioned is, strictly speaking, of any relevance.

Doesn't matter two hoots how long the seller takes to post off an item, all that really matters is the estimated delivery date. Always just have a look at that (and if it is too far off, don't buy, no matter what the seller says).

If the delivery date comes and goes and you don't have your item, you can then open an ebay claim for item not received.

If you're having this constant trouble, week after week, it suggests that the sort of items you're after are ones commonly sold from China. In that case, you may need to be a little bit vigilant before you press the buy button.

Firstly check out the feedback, in particular the negs and neutrals, to see if there is a recurring problem with late delivery or people complaining it came from China and not here etc

Next, check out where the seller is registered. If it is China, you don't have to give them your business.

I don't buy a lot on ebay but over the last few years have had all good experiences and usually quick postage (although deliveries to melb can be a little delayed at the moment, but not too much) BUT I make a point to buy from Australian sellers and I'd skip buying from anyone with a lot of negative feedback.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

sellers with no stock

When a seller has 18,000 feedbacks but 99.5% positive , 0.5% = 90 negatives .

I didnt realise it was so many until too late .

ALSO I ASK THEM HANDLING TIME AND  THEY SAY THEY WILL POST IT IN 2 DAYS - BUT THEN THEY POST IT IN 8 DAYS , HOW DO I PREDICT THAT FROM THE FEEDBACK ????

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

sellers with no stock

When a seller has 18,000 feedbacks but 99.5% positive , 0.5% = 90 negatives .

I didnt realise it was so many until too late .

ALSO I ASK THEM HANDLING TIME AND  THEY SAY THEY WILL POST IT IN 2 DAYS - BUT THEN THEY POST IT IN 8 DAYS , HOW DO I PREDICT THAT FROM THE FEEDBACK ????

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

sellers with no stock

I ASK THEM HANDLING TIME AND  THEY SAY THEY WILL POST IT IN 2 DAYS - BUT THEN THEY POST IT IN 8 DAYS , HOW DO I PREDICT THAT FROM THE FEEDBACK ????

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

sellers with no stock

I ONLY BUY FROM AUSTRALIA FOR LAST 6 MONTHS . BUT I HAVE FOUND THEY LIE ABOUT LOCATION , BLAMING DELAYS ON COVID. 

IF I ASK THEM ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT LOCATION AND HANDLING TIME  , AND THEY LIE TO GET A SALE , WHAT MORE DUE DILIGENCE CAN I DO .

THE PROBLEM IS EBAY DOES NOTHING BUT SAY "WE UNDERSTAND THE WAY YOU FEEL SIR" 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

sellers with no stock

Masses of negative feedback should be enough to tell you the seller cannot be trusted, including what they 'say' about when they will post

How does copy and pasting the same comment over and over, yelling at other members achieve anything?

We are not the one helping to keep scammy sellers in business

You are

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply