selling books on eBay

As a seller of used books on eBay I'm wondering if anyone knows of a tool that can simplify the process.

I'd like a tool where I can scan or type an ISBN (or search for a title if the book is too old) and the result will display

• synopsis
  • genre
  • type of book
  • number of pages
  • number of chapters
  • publication date
  • country
  • language

And this info can then be transferred to my listing (I use Auctiva).

I'm aware that the eBay listing page has some of this info – but I have found it is often inaccurate.

Any suggestions? And any other suggestions for streamlining bulk book listing on eBay?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

selling books on eBay

I sell books.

I take my own pictures of the books, which I have to as they are used. As do you, as your books are used.

I write my own synopses, if Fantastic Fiction or a long African river don't have them available.

It IS a lot of work. It probably takes me two or three minutes per book. Admittedly I only have about 2400 listed.

However -

Neither an ISBN nor a title will give you publication date or number of pages. One ISBN can, and generally will, cover multiple editions from the same publisher. Not to mention that the same title can often be published by different publishers. Then there are the special film editions, the revised editions.

I am not aware that ANY buyer would be particularly interested in the number of chapters. The number of stories in an anthology/collection maybe.

Same for country, unless you are talking first editions. Even then the ISBNs would be different. As they are for Hardcovers vs Trade Paperback vs Mass Market paperback.

As a product of the way books are published, ISBNs are also different depending on the language.

Oh, yeah - I opt out of prefilled data as it is wrong more often than not.

I  believe, given I am not the cheapest Australian seller, that the extra effort I make to ensure my listings are accurate helps my sales.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

selling books on eBay

I too sell books. I keep my descriptions about the 'state' of the book and the weight and take maximum amount of photos (and let them do the talking)

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply