selling item uk only delivery interested buyer (lives abroad)

Hi

I usually only send parcels to the uk. I have an item that someone overseas is interested in they have asked me to change my settings so they can bid and he has a friend in the uk I can send the item to if he wins auction. Is this ok to do?

many thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Since you're in the UK you send to the UK address the buyer nominates.

Unless things are different in the UK (soon to be splintered by Brexit) than AUSTRALIA, whose board you are posting on.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Just be sure to tell the buyer to change the address in PayPal to the one they want it sent to, BEFORE they pay. If you don't send to the address shown in PayPal, you lose your seller protection if the buyer claims it never arrived.

Also, as mentioned, you've posted on the Australian forums. If you're in the UK, they have a dedicated forum there. There are some differences in different countries, so usually best to post on the forum of the country you reside in so you don't get given the wrong information. Just change the .com.au to .co.uk in the address bar and that will take you back to your local eBay.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I live in the UK and my log in has taken me straight to the Australian ebay.  Very odd indeed. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Changing the address in Paypal will achieve nothing Tippy, the buyer will have to add the delivery address in ebay and then make it primary, they can then bid and the primary address will be the one that appears in checkout and is sent to Paypal. The buyer must remember to change the old address back to primary unless they want a permanent change.

Alternatively you can add the buyer to your exempt list and then they can bid, they would have to change their address in checkout before clicking through to pay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Good point. My post was using the assumption that the seller had changed settings or exempted them from being blocked. One should never assume!

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply