selling questions

hawksheroes
Community Member

got a couple of questions

i sold a book i had the options of pick up or i send it , 

it sends an email but i don't think it sends it with the postage info on it just that you won it and if you want to pay now . 

i have to remind myself to send an invoice for the product and the postage as the first time
i had the 2 options i got a message to let them know the price
 [ prior to this i had the pay pal and sending and i think i had the pick up but had not put the cash on pick up and it would just send the invoice to them and only option was to pay via paypal [these were pick up only ones if that makes sense] ] 

so here is question one - if i sell something that i can send or they can pick up if i only do the send option and put in the notes area that if they want to pick up to let me know and it is cash only on that , is that ok to do that or do i need that option in it about pick up ??

second question is this , i sold the book on the friday i did not remember to do the invoice to the monday with the postage details etc , how long do i give them to pay for it before i have try to politely remind them with out sounding bad??

if that makes sense 

thank you for any help you can give me 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

selling questions

the buyer gets an email from ebay with the postage included, so you don't have to worry about that

if you listed the item with pick up  option, the buyer will be able to see that too

the normal waiting time is 4 days, although some sellers will wait longer.

if you can see that your buyer is a local, why not just send a friendly email asking if they want to pick up.

you can send a reminder invoice if you want, I would do that as it has already been 5 days.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

selling questions

hawksheroes
Community Member

so the notice that goes out when they win shows all options ?? strange my other sale did not see that and asked for the cost ?? i did not mind sending another invoice just made me think it was not showing that info thanks 

i will give it till thursday night as i sent other invoice monday so will take the 4 days from that then will send invoice with a note on if they want to pick up as he is in melbourne area and i maybe able to drop it off for them friday or sat maybe if that is the way to go for them .

thanks 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

selling questions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

All your current and completed listing are showing postage so there is no reason for buyers to ask for an invoice unless they have bought more than one item and want combined postage.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

selling questions

hawksheroes
Community Member

i changed the one i have for sale and took the pick up off it i decided if they want it to be picked up they can ask i am guessing maybe the other buyer [ a while back ] may have accidentally deleted it, maybe, if it wasn't anything to do with having the pick up option at a guess anyway .

i contacted current buyer as i maybe their way tomorrow i said if they wanted to pick it up to let me know they asked where i was i have told them and said i will let them know if i am that way tomorrow and that i will be away for the weekend so won't be able to drop off sat or sun

will see what happens from now 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

selling questions

hawksheroes
Community Member

talking of combined postage how does one do that i see there is an option for postage discount i think that is right, is that where you go to organise that ??
if ever i need to do that ??

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

selling questions

just one thing  and this is just my opinion but  11.55 is too much postage for a paperback book again tbhis is my opinion but it may put bidders off

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

selling questions

Depends on the paperback, carly. If it weighs over 500g (as some do) and the seller is using satchels, then 3kg is the option.

You can set up postage discounts hawk, but a lot, including me, just work out the best combined postage and send the invoice with that amount included.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

selling questions

Like dave said,easy to combone. When you send an invoice, tick all the items bought to combine, then add the postage to send the lot and Do Not click recalculate, that's reverts it back to the original. You can preview to check it and send.

image host
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

selling questions

Combine  :8}

image host
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply