signiture on delivery (SOD) and eBay labels

If the eBay label system, coupled with counter lodgment (and keeping the receipt) meets all requirements for seller protection, then what is the indication for opting for SOD?

Is it a redundant option and charge? Or am I missing something??

Cheers in advance

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: signiture on delivery (SOD) and eBay labels

In terms of Paypal protection, it doesn't add much, but if a buyer or seller wants assurance the package won't be safe-dropped (left at the property when someone is not in attendance to receive), then SOD is now the only way to do it for a standard parcel. Worthwhile for expensive items, I warrant.  

Also, PayPal aside, if the buyer requests SOD or similar, they have more options to pursue if the item isn't delivered.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In terms of Paypal protection, it doesn't add much, but if a buyer or seller wants assurance the package won't be safe-dropped (left at the property when someone is not in attendance to receive), then SOD is now the only way to do it for a standard parcel. Worthwhile for expensive items, I warrant.  

Also, PayPal aside, if the buyer requests SOD or similar, they have more options to pursue if the item isn't delivered.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks digital*ghost!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

For me its cheaper and better value to add extra cover at $1.50 for every $100 of item value.

If the parcel is not delivered or misdelivered oz post can cough up the insurance $$ for compensating the buyer.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply