sneaker authentication program

So, to start with I thought this was a great venture by eBay, as a sneaker seller and enthusiast I thought it would benefit many in the sneaker game........but, after roughly a month of the authentication centre being active.......I have a major concern that has yet to be addressed by ebay!

When a buyer purchases a pair of shoes, ebay!!!!!! needs to be emailing them and telling them there item is being sent to the authentication centre, then once authenticated will then be sent on to buyer with new tracking details.........at this stage, sellers can not communicate with buyers once the shoe has been purchased and deemed to be going to the authentication centre, so the onus is on ebay for communication..........which they are not providing at all!!

I am currently responding to a minimum 20-30 buyers per week, them asking why there shoes are delivered to a Sydney address??? instead of being delivered to there home address...............

On top of this, the authentication centre lost a pair of shoes I sent them, they have refunded the buyer and me, but that is not great business!!! Australia post have not lost a pair of my shoes for well over a year, but ebay manages to lose a pair in the first month of operation!

any other similar experiences out there???

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Why don't you update your listing descriptions to say that you are a participant in the programme and that the shoes will be automatically sent to the authentication centre before being directed to the buyer? This way the buyer knows upfront what to expect.

Don't rely on Ebay - YOU should email buyers once they purchase, reminding them that the shoes are being sent for authentication via Ebay's programme.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

You are the seller, take responsibility and tell your buyers up front about the process,  I am amazed by the number of people who think that it is someone else's responsibility to look after their clients.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

qik86
Community Member

Completely agree with Ebay needing to communicate this process better to buyers!

I've now had a buyer check the tracking info and saw it was being sent to a Sydney address, so they tried to message me (which is of course disabled after purchase), then panic and contact Australia Post requesting the parcel be redirected to their home address.

Where do I stand then when they don't arrive at the authentication centre??

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Oh, I almost forgot.... the seller then left negative feedback for me, claiming I sent the shoes to the wrong address and was uncontactable.. Love it.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@qik86 wrote:

I've now had a buyer check the tracking info and saw it was being sent to a Sydney address, so they tried to message me (which is of course disabled after purchase),

I have always been able to contact a seller after a purchase I don't see why, even though the authenticator's involved, communication between you has been blocked.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

@qik86 wrote:

Completely agree with Ebay needing to communicate this process better to buyers!

To add to my last post, eBay DOES tell the seller about the process.

Capture.PNG

Edit. If the buyer clicks on that "learn more" link, they get this;-

https://pages.ebay.com.au/authenticity-guarantee/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

From https://pages.ebay.com.au/authenticity-guarantee-sneakers/:

Why can't I message the buyer after I sell my shoes?

Messaging capability is turned off once the buyer completes payment at checkout. Your buyer will receive all tracking information and notifications through the eBay platform.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Exactly. Only if they click the "learn more" link. Which it appears the casual sneaker buyer does not.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

does the pair of shoe always get that ebay plastic tag(authentic guarantee thingy) after its being authenticated?

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply