store fees for clothing to jump from 9.5% to 11.9%

braff1
Community Member

Correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE but under the new payments cutting out Paypal and using ebay directly, Ebay Basic store holders will now give 11.9% of the sale instead of previously 9.5%. That 2.4% jump is huge in annual figures !!!! 

Am I missing something, how is this going to be better????

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: store fees for clothing to jump from 9.5% to 11.9%

Paypal charged 2.6% (I think that's right), so the total before Managed Payments would have been slightly higher.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Since the change I have had 7 sales and only one has appeared in my bank account so far - that is 4 days of Ebay having my money, previously Paypal was immediate and if I transferred to my bank it was only 1 day. I'm not impressed with this new system ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Have you tried chatting with eBay customer service?  Someone else said they managed to get through and they said they are having some problems processing payments, so they are aware of it and I assume their people are working on fixing the problem.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Where are ebay holding our fees? Is it switzerland, Philippines, Australia, elsewhere? 

Are they an accredited payment provider such as a bank or paypal now? 

Can they get to a level where payments are instant such as OSKO or paypal or moneybookers? 

Are Ebay ready to do managed payments and invested enough time and money into it that the sellers are going to be happy?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

The payment processor is Adyen who have an office in Sydney....presumably they would deal with ebay Australia payments through that office.

Adyen is a well respected, worldwide payment processor....and registered with the Australian regulator.

Maybe you need to Google it to be reassured that it is all above board.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply