suspect buyer ...lost mail

I wouldnt normally try have feed back removed by eBay as it seems like a lost cause so Im posting this letter I sent to eBay to see if theres a chance fairness will prevail.

This is the story.....DEAR EBAY.. BLAH BLAH  didn't receive her item  so I told her I will have AUS POST investigate this and if it doesn't arrive by Friday 1st aug I will replace the item.I asked her to let me know if it doesn't arrive so I can replace it. Friday night the 1st Aug comes and instead of letting me know that it hadnt  arrived ,she leaves me neg feed back. I sent a request to her to have feed back removed pointing out that I was only too happy to replace after AUS pOST investigated and she has left me GLOWING feed back in the past with my other store.

But instead I received a very abusive email telling me Im a fraudster and to quit eBay and  a few other niceties. I checked her feed back and it looks very suspicious as a lot of her items go missing. I suspect fraud as this has happened to her on numerous occasions . I have also been in contact with another seller who has had the same thing happen with BLAH BLAH and they have  also reported her.

So maybe in one or 2 weeks eBay will reply to this....

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Unfortunately there is quite a few of those buyers that are having extreme problems with lost (cough) mail.

you should have put her ID in the feedback reply so other members know who it is. all we see is eg f ***r(34

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Doh!! I didnt think about that at the time 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Yes I have noticed a lot more of this going on than in previous years.

I had a buyer 2 weeks ago email stating item has not arrived - tracking stated delivered.

I checked their FB left & the last 6 feedbacks were praise for the sellers refunding after item lost or damaged.

Also been receiving a lot of people wanting refunds but don't want to return the item.

I myself have been guilty of just refunding buyers without worrying about getting the item returned as the return cost makes it unviable but It does set a bad precedent.

When I do ask for the item to be returned they jump up & down and rather leave a neg than return it, even when I offer to pay return costs.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I've had a couple of buyers that seemed a little bit suspect when it came to lost mail, I had a few also claim the replacement never arrived and demanded I send the item a third time. Their feedback usually indicates frequent lost parcels.

So now I just issue immediate refunds if it is a low cost item sent without tracking or proof of postage. I refuse to send out replacements anymore. If I was to cop a neutral or a neg, I'd follow up with "A prompt refund was issued. Can't be held accountable for lost post." Or something similar and try to be as tactful as possible. And either way I'm out of pocket would rather less hassle to go with it.

Good luck getting eBay to remove the feedback. It doesn't really seem to break any policies though, so hopefully eBay will take into account others reporting her and her history.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I get people who claim something is faulty, but won't provide photo proof, nor return the item. But demand refunds. I tell them I can't offer you a refund without seeing the fault or having it returned. They threaten Negative feedback and/or a dispute. So I tell them feel free to file a dispute as PayPal will require them to return the item at their own expense. I never hear from them again.

I used to just give in and give refunds and always tried to please the customer regardless of whether they were in the wrong. But I've had so many try it on, that I've given up on it. I seem to cop less aggression when I'm more forthright.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

We have had a terrible expeience with what looks like a crooked buyer just recently.

The story is in another post. Here is the link;

Bad Buyer

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

hi, I sent an item to the same seller as -luvyourgarden and didn't hear from the buyer for nearlya month. She then asked if I'd sent it yet. ? ( I recognised her name and knew she was a seller too)  I said WOW that was 22/6 and asked her to check the post office and let me know but was happy to send her another one.  She said "Thankyou very much for your kind offer but methinks Aust post just haven't delivered it yet. Thanks for your concern but Ishall kick them up the proverbial on monday. There are other goods I am waiting for so I shall probably get the mother load delivered next week. Thanks again" -----.   I sent back and said ok but the offer still stands

. Heard NOTHING for a couple of days and doing feedback saw she had bagged me out badly and DOWN went my feedback.  I have reported this to EBAY. What a joke! they saw how polite it ALL was on both sides and still won't retract the feedback even though not one word was said badly and TWO offers to replace item. Their system Stinks when you have to replace something OR GET  BAD FEEDBACK anyway, let alone offering to replace and STILL letting them give you bad feedback. Sorry to go on but thought you needed ALL the facts. I am giving  <REMOVED>

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Cannot say this enough.

Registered post.

Signature on delivery.

Enough said.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

The feedback the buyer left for you is identical to that of the OP, I'd forcefully mention that to eBay as well.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply