terrible experience with a so called "marketing" company

Hi guys

Just want to share some terrible experience.

They claim to be able to reach different customer groups in different countries, guaranteed 120 visitors to your store for $25 something, and will do ad design for you.

I submitted some text and requirements, wishing to receive a professionally designed webpage for my ad; well, at least a good looking one.

Then guess what, all they did was to put my text on a blank page, plain, boring, no picture no parttern no background no nothing, this is what they call "design"; which I can do in 10 secs.

I had the right to reject that design and demand some changes, which I did.

Then, shockingly, after few hours, they started to send it out !! The same plain & boring version that I rejected !! No changes at all !!

I never approved it, nor gave them premission to send it  !! How could they do that?? 

It's been 24 hours now; can't see any increase in traffic to my store, and still no reply from their customer support.

A good lesson for $25, guess I'm just too naive sometimes.

Stay away from those scammers.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Even if it lived up to their claims and you had 120 visitors you would be lucky if 25 of them purchased anything so that would be one dollar per item less profit! Doesn't make econamic sense IMO.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It's too late for you now but in future it is a good idea to google the name of the company or site with the word scam after it.
Here is just one review with that search
https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/rent-a-list-review-dont-rent-lists-from-rent-a-list-com.1243...
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Sorry OP - but $25.00 for what would be a few hours work to produce a decent page ?

Harley - totally awesome info, thanks

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply