I am being bullied by a buyer

I am being bullied by a un happy buyer. Item ipad air smart cover leather, new unused. Not in origanal packaging. Buyer got back after he had bidied and after sale ended asking questions I answered to the knowledge I had been given. I bought an ipad air with full leather case, smart cover came with the deal, placed in the box unused where it remained. The unhappy buyer demanded explanation, he feels item is not leather, item has a smudge mark he refered snotty and some hairs. I have no kids or pets, item has been in the box since purchase. I suggested finger marks, item was well packaged for post. I offered a refund for the return. He refused as he will be out of pocket, but now demandiing me to partial refund him or else and he will keep item. A bargain to start with, but even more so at $20.50 if I refund $7.00 for postage.

He has now again contacted me bulling in a threatening tone, I refund him $7.00 ASAP or he will take action?? I have reported this buyer to ebay but still getting threats. What now?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you have his threat to leave negative feedback in an eBay message? That is clearly feedback extortion and should go a long way towards helping your case for removal of the red dot.

If the first person you speak with tells you that it can't be removed, then ask to speak with their supervisor, but please remember to remain calm and polite during all stages of your conversation.

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Just hang tight until somebody comes along with more experience - but I would say don't refund anything if you don't get the item back first  and report  all abusive emails to ebay.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Do not refund anything unless you get the item back first.

You can let the buyer open a paypal dispute if you want to...just answer the dispute with what you have said here....you will refund in full when he returns the item.

And yes, report the messages to ebay.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

he can't take action apart from opening up an item not as described case in which he will be told to return item at his own cost. Do not refund unless you get the item back first
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Little bit of the pot calling the kettle OP -

your own feedback left for others, you have left neutrals as you were upset the seller did not pay postage on return, yet now .....

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

.... and even a neutral for 'Item received, thank you'.

That is certainly harsh.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

uumm what is that word, Karma I believe.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

good detective work! greencat!! karma gets um in the end lol

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Bit of a differant case I do think. I didnt leave a negative to start with and the colour was incorrect, not as described. Seller advised full refund including return post and I did not get it, this was unfair.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Buyers bullying tactic didnt work;

He opened a disput Item not received. I had advised buyer to return item, after 15 emails being called a liar, cheat, thief, a disgrace, that I duped him etc etc I reported buyer to ebay. I had advised buyer on 3 occassions to return item for refund. Buyer demanded me to refund him $7.00 and he would keep item. I did not agree. Buyer then raised a dispute saying he never recieved item? I had all postage details reciept and tracking information, to which I had also sent him and I had 15 abusive demanding emails! Paypal dispute went in my favour, I have now been given a negative and feedback saying. "Lies lies lies Disgraceful ebay seller B................" with my full name in the feedback. I immediately rang ebay to have this removed ASAP. It is against ebay policies to use personal information. This person has been the nastiest person I have ever dealt with.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply