the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

Not a reply to you oz-e, sorry but you just happened to be last on a long list!  I was just wondering if anyone has made the switch from daily to weekly payouts?   Daily payouts for my store are coming through regularly and I would now like to switch to weekly but I don't want to rock the boat now that it seems to be running smoothly.  I would be interested to hear what others have experienced.

Message 411 of 699
Latest reply

I believe digital*ghost mentioned in one of the recent managed payment topics that they'd elected to receive payments weekly, and made a few comments about how it was going. Pretty sure it was in the last fortnight, so maybe just have a read through.

EDIT: I'm not sure they'd actually switched from daily though—weekly might have been the initial choice.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 412 of 699
Latest reply

I can't see any good reason for someone else to hold my money for a week.

Message 413 of 699
Latest reply

I switched to weekly pretty much straight away, but have only been on MP since the 6th, so just had my second payout on Tuesday - zero issues with either payment, though (my first payout was last week, on the same day a lot of other sellers had that glitch with it being declined, but for whatever reason I received mine ok). 

@tazzie - daily is actually the default setting, so you have to manually switch to weekly. There aren't any other choices, though (the other two have fortnightly and monthly options available as well, I guess eBay figured no one would opt for that here Smiley LOL ). 

Message 414 of 699
Latest reply

well its just **bleep**,

Transfer was listed as meant to go on 19th from a sale on the 17th, went thru 4am on the 20th, not in the bank account so far...

seems this is a total waste of our time and cash.

What was once a 6 hour timeframe is now looking like a week...weeks??

More sales since accumulating but still in the processing stage....wow this couldnt get worse right....wrong.

I havent got to the what others have reported declined stage so far.

The joke is on us.

Message 415 of 699
Latest reply

@toysandthings12 wrote:

well its just **bleep**,

Transfer was listed as meant to go on 19th from a sale on the 17th, went thru 4am on the 20th, not in the bank account so far...

seems this is a total waste of our time and cash.

What was once a 6 hour timeframe is now looking like a week...weeks??

More sales since accumulating but still in the processing stage....wow this couldnt get worse right....wrong.

I havent got to the what others have reported declined stage so far.

The joke is on us.

At the risk of sounding like an eBay MP apologist, that's all within the normal time-frames eBay are advertising for payouts, and if they've processed it in the early hours of this morning, you'll likely have it in your account later today. 

For a sale on the 17th (Monday), given eBay say it'll take between 2 and 6 days to reach you, it's not until after next Tuesday that they're going beyond their guidelines. 

🤷

Message 416 of 699
Latest reply

I'll be switching to weekly at the end of this month so will update with any issues if they occur.
Message 417 of 699
Latest reply

There are a lot of nasty surprises awaiting all sellers when a buyer chooses to dispute or return a sale already paid for.

Message 418 of 699
Latest reply

@waddingtonfirstaid wrote:

There are a lot of nasty surprises awaiting all sellers when a buyer chooses to dispute or return a sale already paid for.

The only surprises are for those who fail to read through the particulars when they sign up to sell on the platform.

Message 419 of 699
Latest reply

I can't find the specific post as the thread is so long but I remember someone was asking about if we can do partial refunds on MP. I organised for a buyer to receive a percentage discount if they bought a bulk amount of items. They bought and paid for them. I went to my awaiting postage page and clicked the drop down next to the order and pressed send refund. It let me put a refund amount to be applied to the whole order and clicked send and it's processing. Super easy no problem at all. You can either discount each indivudal item in the order or put a discount for the whole order which gets divided evenly among the items for you.

Edited: it's processed now so maybe 5 mins later and it came from my pending funds.

Message 420 of 699
Latest reply