the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

My last sale from the 19th, still has it listed in payments as payment sent, but has not gone into

our bank account, and its still listed as payment sent, not complete like previous transfers that

we have received into out bank account.

Worse yet, 3 more sales from 25th are still listed as processing.

1 had a sold message and customer has paid via ebay email item has sold.

The last 2 later in that day had buyer has not paid, wait until paid before shipping,

but elsewhere it has a ship by 1st march listed on it and buyer has paid....

Last 4 sales since 19th have not gone into our bank account.

We are owed $1100. Lucky we only shipped the item from the 19th so far.

But now looking at delayed shipping and neg feedbacks if we protect

ourselves. With no recourse.

Message 561 of 699
Latest reply

Apologies, the payment from the 19th came through to our bank account.

Just a panick over nothing perhaps with the sales from 25th listed

as processing still.

Message 562 of 699
Latest reply

The deadline that's approaching 1st of March 2021 for Sellers that are yet to sign up for Managed Payments , as sellers have been able to still sell since the last deadline of 01 of July 2020 does anyone have an idea that this will happen as 1st of March that Sellers will no longer be able to List their items

Message 563 of 699
Latest reply

garage_sale_here
Community Member

eBay doesn't need to request confidential personal information to pay into a bank account.  I've received payments to my account for 20 years providing nothing more than an account number and BSB.  What they are asking for is enough to actually access personal accounts.  Why should eBay need or be trusted to secure this information.

As far as improved fees go I can't see this.  13.5% including postage that someone else is making the money for.  Sounds pretty greedy to me especially when it's applied to millions upon millions of transactions.

Message 564 of 699
Latest reply

@toysandthings12 wrote:

Just a panick over nothing perhaps with the sales from 25th listed

as processing still.

eBay don't clear payments over the weekends, so all payments up to a certain point will stop shifting from processing to available, and then clear through in one batch some time on Monday.

Message 565 of 699
Latest reply

@alibru_enterprises wrote:

The deadline that's approaching 1st of March 2021 for Sellers that are yet to sign up for Managed Payments , as sellers have been able to still sell since the last deadline of 01 of July 2020 does anyone have an idea that this will happen as 1st of March that Sellers will no longer be able to List their items

This account hasn't been given a date yet, and my othe non-store one has until 25 March.

Message 566 of 699
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

This account hasn't been given a date yet, and my othe non-store one has until 25 March.

Thanx,  so I take it wait n see what happens

Message 567 of 699
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

As I write this post I have just been stopped from selling and it's the 27/2/21 and I had up until the 1/3/21 to register which I have done so it looks like due to selling items that are on the restricted list I have now been stopped from selling, I'm acting like a chicken that has just had its head cut off.

Message 568 of 699
Latest reply

Oh no, I thought they had sorted all that out style

If you get on to Live Chat could you get it over turned? That sux

Message 569 of 699
Latest reply

I much prefer having payments go into my PayPal account (where I can see my buyer's details and where all payments are from eBay or Discogs) rather just vanish into my bank accountBad luck for me!.

A few days ago I received notification that a CD had been ordered. After I had not received a notification of payment this morning I was about to send out a reminder. After checking my Sold Items I discovered that the item had been sold and paid for (how long should a notification of payment take?) 

When I look at Seller Payouts I am not given details of the order to which the payout refers, only the amount. This is not useful as I often sell a number of CDs for which the payment is identical. How do I know which buyer has paid?

Finally, I have had second thoughts about the bank account I have nominated and want to change it to a different one. I have been through the change process about four times but, at the end, when I am supposed to get into Live Chat, clicking the button does nothing. Is eBay closed on the weekend? 

Message 570 of 699
Latest reply