the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

I certainly won't be pre-registering.

They will have to drag me kicking and screaming into it.

Message 2 of 699
Latest reply

Couldn't agree more

Message 3 of 699
Latest reply

Exactly!
Message 4 of 699
Latest reply

This is my letter to the eBay CEO this morning:

Dear eBay CEO,

Thank you for your email entitled, eBay Launches Managed Payments in Australia, but it appears the only part of the equation that will most likely actually benefit from this change will be eBay itself.

Your statement, We are committed to supporting you through this time and continuing to evolve our platform to ensure your continued growth and success on eBay” appears to be a farcical attempt to impose more fees and boost YOUR bottom-line and no-one else’s at a time when businesses can least afford additional expenses.

I don’t believe you are doing this for the good of sellers at all and I’m appalled.

Please prove to me that this will be a cheaper outcome for eBay sellers. For example, will there be fee-free payment options, such as direct bank deposit and/or PayID transfer? If not, then your changes to payment services is nothing more than a sneaky, underhanded grab for additional cash to boost YOUR bottom-line and not the seller’s. If this turns out to be the case, then your conduct will be reported to the authorities (e.g. ACCC as a breach of the Australian Consumer Act under misleading and deceptive conduct) because I do not take kindly to being tricked into accepting, or having imposed, a financial change which will not benefit us.

Yours faithfully,

Neil Waddington

Managing Director

Waddington Educational Resources Pty Ltd

Waddington First Aid

Message 5 of 699
Latest reply

@lm-entertainment wrote:

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

"Simplified fees"

"Most sellers will see overall savings."

If they can surmise that, then I can't see why they wouldn't be revealing the fees yet.

They actually said exactly the same thing, pretty much word for word, when they got rid of the tiered FVF rates, lol - if they bring the same fee structure here that they have in the US, where they charge a USD25c per-item (listing) transaction fee rather than a 30c per-transaction flagfall like PayPal does, many sellers who frequently sells 2+ different items in an order will be paying higher fees, and in cases like mine, significantly higher. (In other words, I also do not volunteer as tribute / guinea pig for the new system Smiley LOL ). 

Message 6 of 699
Latest reply

i probably didn't make it clear in the original post - but i wasn't saying that i'm intending on pre-registering, because i couldn't think of anything worse Smiley Happy

was simply providing the info for those who might not have seen it :]

Message 7 of 699
Latest reply

I sorta just assumed that anyway, as I know very few people keen on this (though they're out there, somewhere, I'm sure Smiley Surprised ). 

I'll take any opportunity to get a little whinge on the subject in, though, as it's just another thing this year that's increasing my costs, increasing the profit made from my business for someone else, and narrowing my margins.

wah wah wah

Message 8 of 699
Latest reply

Which I venture to say they will do (lol)

Message 9 of 699
Latest reply

Name me one company that has ever brought in a new fee structure designed to save a customer money, as opposed to designed to covertly to raise revenue?

Message 10 of 699
Latest reply