this is why Aust post needs to increase

ON THE ABC 7-30 REPORT RECENTLY, MALCOLM TURNBULL EXPLAINED WHY AN INCREASE TO $1 DOLLAR FOR A POSTAGE STAMP WAS NECESSARY.

HE NEVER MENTIONED ANY THING ABOUT THIS EYE OPENER...

Australia Post
Australia Post is a totally government owned entity and has been for about 200 years.

Recently, Australia Post announced the loss of 900 jobs, being part of a cut back program.

This is due to the decline in letters beings sent - largely due to email.

The CEO of Australia Post is Ahmed Fahour who was born in Lebanon and came to Australia in 1970.

In 2009, during the rein of Labor and PM Kevin Rudd, he was made Managing Director and CEO of Australia Post.

His salary package last year was A$4.8 million!!!!!

The top public servants in Canberra have salaries of between $665,600 and $844,800 so how does the bloke in charge of the Post Office received $4.8 million?

The Prime Minister of Australia earns a modest $507,000 considering the real burdens of office. The US President earns US$550,000 (A$757,000). The highest paid Mayor in Australia - Gold Coast City - brings in $225,000!!!

So, how on earth can the Post Office justify the massive pay of their CEO?.

Let's look further. The head of the US Postal Service with 19 times more staff and 11 times more revenue than Australia Post receives $550,000.

In France the head of their post office was paid $1.1 million with a staff compliment of 268,000 employees.

How can the CEO of the Post Office earn so much, especially when the postal service is bleeding money from letter delivery. No employee is worth A$4.8 million a year and especially not from a government owned business.
It gets worse - - -

The top ten executives in Australia Post combined earn around $20 million last year.

No matter what perspective is taken, with a loss of 900 jobs, how can A$20 million be justified for 10 'execs'!!!!

But, the salary rort is only half the story!!!

Of his A$4.8 million, Fahour donated A$2 million to the Islamic Museum of Australia (located in Melbourne).

This is a tax deductible donation, so WE TAXPAYERS are supporting the payment.

The founder and director of the Islamic Museum is Moustafa Fahour - yes, Ahmed's brother!!!!!

Moustafa's wife, Maysaa, is the chairwoman and Director.
And Fahour's sister, Samira El Khafir, manages the restaurant on site.

And, OUR letters will cost A$1 so this family can live the 'good' life!!!!!!

There is an unpleasant and some would say 'sinister' unbalanced agenda in Australia, which in the end preys on the average citizen, we the people.
We are no longer the lucky country and we are no longer wealthy and this particular game of 'Post Office rort' reveals some major fractures and faults on a number fronts in our society and culture.

Who is running the Country, who is pulling the levers and who is going to win?

We the Mugs certainly don’t look to be winners, - at this moment..... But we MUST make a stand against this rort. Australia Post was a service that we had lost. It is big now big business where the profit goes into private pockets.
The next election is around the corner.
Please pass this on. Please send it to your Federal Member of Parliament.

Message 1 of 87
Latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Posted twice, i trust you only needed to read it once

Message 31 of 87
Latest reply

@classifieds10 wrote:

You obviously missed the point

I was not trying to give you the latest news article, i was only reminding you of why aust post needs to increase their revenue

classifieds10, or is it bargainbox*2012, the trouble with quoting the article is that some members like me went looking for the 7.30 Report interview with Malcolm Turnbull discussing the need for the stamp price rise, and couldn't find it.  Apparently, it isn't a "recent" interview.

Could you post a link if the interview is still available online as I am interested to see the actual interview and what Malcolm had to say.

Message 32 of 87
Latest reply

You obviously missed the point

I was not trying to give you the latest news article, i was only reminding  readers of why aust post needs to increase their revenue.

To finance their ridiculous highly paid Ceo

And that this person will probably get a substancial increse evey year

and that he was opponted by the government

Obviously there are lots of people in our ebay community who were not aware of this

BTW i did not winge about anything in my post, i only quoted this article

how do you assume that i am not doing anything about it and let other people do it for me?

to start with i am making people aware of it ,in case they did not know

although this was news a while ago. Do you think it has stopped or changed or is no longer happening? As you caled them outdated facts

If any posts bore you, i don't understand why you read them and get involved

my business is doing well and i need to make no changed

besides all that, i think your comments are rude and are a good indication of the type of person you are, i should have ignored you dumb comments

Message 33 of 87
Latest reply

@classifieds10 wrote:

besides all that, i think your comments are rude and are a good indication of the type of person you are, i should have ignored you dumb comments

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

...................pot kettle...................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 34 of 87
Latest reply

Actually ....... more like 'projection' big time.

Message 35 of 87
Latest reply

classifieds10, or is it bargainbox*2012, the trouble with quoting the article is that some members like me went looking for the 7.30 Report interview with Malcolm Turnbull discussing the need for the stamp price rise, and couldn't find it.  Apparently, it isn't a "recent" interview.

I think the salient point the Op has made is that the Auspost CEo is overpaid and underperforming and is a bold faced tax evader .. when you do find the article/interview (which I would also like to view) you will obviously find that our Prime Minister (who stores wealth/invests in the Caymen Islands) will make no mention of the aforementioned Auspost CEOs practice of questionable donations to a religious (for profit) charity that directly benefits his close family members and makes a mockery of Australian Tax law ..

Message 36 of 87
Latest reply

x3n0m wrote:

classifieds10, or is it bargainbox*2012, the trouble with quoting the article is that some members like me went looking for the 7.30 Report interview with Malcolm Turnbull discussing the need for the stamp price rise, and couldn't find it.  Apparently, it isn't a "recent" interview.

I think the salient point the Op has made is that the Auspost CEo is overpaid and underperforming and is a bold faced tax evader .. when you do find the article/interview (which I would also like to view) you will obviously find that our Prime Minister (who stores wealth/invests in the Caymen Islands) will make no mention of the aforementioned Auspost CEOs practice of questionable donations to a religious (for profit) charity that directly benefits his close family members and makes a mockery of Australian Tax law ..

wrong poster mate, I stopped looking for the interview because it is not "recent" or "last night" as previous incarnations of the Opening Post would have us believe.

One thread in early January posted the "last night" reference, but the interview took place while Malcolm was Communications Minister, which goes to show that those who post the content of the Opening Post are just cutting and Pasting without making changes to reflect the amount of time since the interview took place, and the change in status of Malcolm Turnbull.

The OP on this thread changed "last night" to "recently", but even that change is deceptive as Malcolm became our PM quite a while ago, certainly not what I would call recently.

Message 37 of 87
Latest reply

according to this thread http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/AusPost-Rip-Off/m-p/1905381/highlight/true#M122694 the interview took place on 5th Jan 2016, a clear mistake made by someone doing the old 'cut and paste' I wrote about in the previous post.

It would seem to me that the text of the Opening Post is made up of several cut and pastes of snippets which are then revised to present what appears to be a cohesive post.  I found that some of the text is word for word from a Herald Sun article about the AP's CEO donation of his bonus, while other bits can be found in other posts on these Boards and in CS.

Clearly, those posting the text have an axe to grind with AP, and have found other like minded individuals who are prepared to cut and paste the same text and present it as their own (since there is no crediting of the original author) in an effort to garner support, probably hoping the muslim/salary revelation will shock members.  However, members are taking less and less notice with each re-posting as they know that it contains inaccurate information, and it isn't shocking at all.

I have seen the text of the OP posted by bargainbox*2012, 2010silversun but the earliest incarnation of the post can be found at post #7636 out of 15087 post on this thread http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/Diary-of-our-stinking-Govt/m-p/1693765/highlight/tr... (click the link and it will take you straight to the post by paintsew) which was posted almost 12 months ago.

So, from now on I hope that those that cut and paste the rant original post give credit to paintsew when copying his text (part of which was a copy of a newspaper article anyway).

Message 38 of 87
Latest reply

However, members are taking less and less notice with each re-posting as they know that it contains inaccurate information, and it isn't shocking at all.

.. now you are making things up .. the news isn't just shocking it is a disgusting feeding frenzy by well heeled swine ..

Message 39 of 87
Latest reply

@x3n0m wrote:

However, members are taking less and less notice with each re-posting as they know that it contains inaccurate information, and it isn't shocking at all.

.. now you are making things up .. the news isn't just shocking it is a disgusting feeding frenzy by well heeled swine ..

what am I making up?  I never said the whole post is inaccurate, I said it contains inaccurate information.  I said that it isn't shocking, which it isn't.  The head of AP is a muslim, big deal.  He supports the muslim museum, big deal.  Likewise, some of his family members support the museum and work there, big deal.  No laws have been broken.

The head of AP gets paid millions, I don't think he should get that much, but that is obscene, not shocking.

Message 40 of 87
Latest reply