trading cards promotion

received and accepted the “Pay a 5%* variable final value fee on trading cards listings” offer. sold an item in early feb and was charged the full final value fee so i contacted ebay and they acknowledged the mistake and credited me. sold a few more items in the past week and was still charged the full final value fee so had time to contact ebay today and now they are saying they have no proof of me getting the promotion.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

trading cards promotion

did you have to show them anything the first time around, in early feb when you contacted ebay regarding the  error? 

i've had so many issues over the past year or so with these kind of promotions. they used to do the "get $500 in promoted listings credit" and similar promotions - but it was never recorded anywhere after the time period expired - so it was difficult to prove that i had accepted the offer and it'd been offered to me in the first place.

it was more difficult then because they wouldn't add the promotion credit to your 'invoice' until up to 90 days after it ended. now, they don't issue invoices under managed payments and just take add it as a credit to your available funds. 

nevertheless, i've found it extremely important to keep a copy of all of the promotions that i've accepted via screenshot. usually i take them on a laptop, but via the app on a smart phone works too. 

i hope you can get it sorted this time around. unfortunately, i can't give much assistance of where to show you accepted it (because as far as i know it doesn't exist) - but hopefully someone else can help.

i've attached a copy of a screenshot i take which i make sure includes my name at the top of the screen and the offer having been accepted. it's also worthwhile taking a screenshot of the terms & conditions of the specific promotion as well - because they have different offers going out to different people, all with different terms and conditions. PROMOTEDLISTINGSOFFER2.jpg

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply