trying to respond to ebay buyer emails, this is what l get

fairlaneltd
Community Member

trying to respond to ebay messages , ebay glitches

Page Not Responding 

The eBay page or feature you are attempting to access is not responding. Please try the options below:
  • Try to access the feature directly from the eBay Home Page, instead of using a bookmark.
  • Wait a few minutes and try to access the feature again.
If you have waited ten to fifteen minutes and you still can't access your page:If what you are looking for is unavailable, you may still be able to access other parts of the site from the eBay Home page

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: trying to respond to ebay buyer emails, this is what l get

Try using a different browser. If you use internet explorer, you are best installing Google Chrome or Firefox. IE is very eBay unfriendly. If you already use one of the suggested browsers, try clearing out your cache and cookies. Doing that often fixes a lot of eBay glitches. If none of this works, try sending from the phone/device app.

I've just sent 3 reply messages to buyers and had no problems. One was sent from Chrome, another from Firefox and the last from Opera.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

yes thanx, worked after a few trys.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I get this often I find if you click the Ebay logo top left then 'My Ebay' back in to messaging it tends to work pain especially when you messaging someone in real time and have to do it for ever message but works for me

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It was happening to me for a couple of days, I just went to the message in my email account and replied from there, worked just fine and all appears to be working as it should again today.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

For what it's worth - I've been using Chrome for everything until recently.  I now use Firefox for eBay as Chrome won't open certain areas.  Even this forum, the little 'wheel' keeps spinning, but with Firefox I can log on.

Maybe time for OP to install an additional browser.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I use both Chrome and Firefox. Both are open all the time. I have one account open in one, another open in the other. I recently installed Opera, so I had a 3rd browser as I recently started selling on a 3rd account. The only issues I've had with any of them is, Firefox can be a bit of a CPU hog. I normally have to shut it down every day, or every second day or my computer slows to almost stopping. Occasionally I'll have something open in Chrome that hogs CPU, but you can see which process that is in task manager and kill it. Firefox doesn't have a separate process for each tab open like Chrome does.

I've also found that even with just my 3rd account open and nothing else, Opera can be a bit of a hog too if I'm doing too much with that account. I use IE for the forums, which works OK for that. I don't use it for anything else.

It's funny how different browsers work differently for different people. No idea why!

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

From what I can tell, this problem is caused by the page not loading fully before you click to do something, it comes and goes.  The browser may still be loading the page, even if it seems to have finished.  Dynamic content loaded by Javascript.  I have a feeling it's something to do with their banner advertising system because it's been a problem on other sites also, especially Gumtree (which eBay own).

Their website may have something in place to prevent the user moving onto another page if the prior page hasn't fully loaded, even if the advertising is something we don't want/need to see to just reply to a message.  It seems that the advertising stream is sometimes holding up the loading of the page, and thus causing a problem for everyday operations on eBay and Gumtree.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply