unable to register for managed payments but ability to list and revise has been suspended

I have been selling on ebay since 1999.  On trying to list an item on 17th March 2021, I was amazed to receive a message saying there was a problem with my account and my ability to list had been suspended.  Please sign up for managed payments to restore my account.  This was a shock to me as I had never received an email requesting me to register and when I clicked on the link to register this option was not available to me - I had to wait to receive an email inviting me to register.  I rang the manage payment help line on 18th March and was told that there was a problem with my account and that I was not yet eligible to register for managed payments but could continue to receive payments through PayPal until my account was eligible.  Fine with me and told it would take 24-48 hours to fix.  Great, however by the following week nothing had changed so back to contacting the help line again.  This time told previous information was incorrect and some Australian accounts were having a problem and the tech guys were working on a solution.  Could not give me a time when it would be fixed.  Long story but in summary, 2 more phone calls and my account is now suspended  from listing, relisting or revising items and a threat that if I don't register by 15 May my whole account will be suspended and I will be unable to sell as well.  I have been told that there is a priority on looking into my account but this has been going on since the 17th March, over a month!   I have been a member for over 21 years and feel that something more could and should have been done to help me.  I have never been suspended on ebay during that time but now I have been penalized through no fault of my own.  Time to pull the plug on ebay?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

unable to register for managed payments but ability to list and revise has been suspended

I am now in my second round of being blocked from listing, because I haven't switched to managed payments, even though my account is not eligible for MP yet.

I was told during phone, oh gee sorry, that shouldn't have happened, but it will probably take another week to fix. 😕

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I do not own a passport or drivers license. What is this phone number you have been using?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

dl390
Community Member

Just today been restricted from selling and getting the same message - yet this is the second time in two months it's happened. The last time, it was - oh, sorry, that shouldn't have happened - and it still took two weeks to get my account back. Now it's happened again. All I can do is "register my interest" in managed payments, nothing else, and I'm still blocked. This is ridiculous.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Are you trading as a partnership or trust ?

If so, MP can not support that and if you explain that to the robots at CS, they should escalate up the chain and hopefully re-instate the paypal way as they have for others.

If not, then I am all out of idea's sorry

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@keighjerom wrote:

I do not own a passport or drivers license. What is this phone number you have been using?

A state issued id card is acceptable so long as you enter the correct number - what state are you from

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Hi, this is the link to have eBay Managed Payments helpline call you.  It is buried at the bottom of the page

Introducing managed payments | eBay

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

After 5 phone calls I am now able to list again!  Still unable to register for Managed Payments so expect I will have more trouble down the track....

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

will be leaving Ebay after 15 years

The new managed payments is a definite no no for sellers on ebay.

I will not be forced to register for Manage Payments,  hence, 

I have already been suspended for adding new listings and unable to revise currently listed  items, cant even fix a postage, add a photo, add any detail, or do a correction.

I dont want my personal bank details on the www ready to be hacked, though they are with Paypal, like a bank has my complete trust, Ebay does not

I want to keep paypal, which will be dumped by Ebay in favour of the Dutch Company Ayden, which does not give the protection that Paypal does. 

Buyers love Paypal for added protection, and 90% of buyers and all sellers have a paypal account, 

Sellers Accounting nightmare with delayed payments and frequency of daily payments 

Sellers are reluctant to send items until payments which are delayed to their bank accounts 3 to 5 days

Buyers dont want these delays they want their items posted as soon as payment is made

Ebay wants posting of items before the seller has their payment.

Yet, Another change for Greedy Ebay absolutely no savings for sellers as advertised. Think about it, if the change didn't benefit Ebay they wouldn't do it.

As they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Leave something alone; avoid attempting to correct, fix, or improve what is already sufficient  (often with an implication that the attempted improvement is risky and might backfire).

Cherylb8668

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I too am leaving ebay...

paypal guarantees and security are why I chose ebay at the start.

you never know we might find better service at Grays online or other auction sites.

I'm hopeful. Anyway no lose because ebay fails to reply to everything and when a customer wins an auction ebay takes no action if the customer cancels and pulls out of his order... very annoying.

However buyers enjoy fantastic reaction and service from ebay when complaining... definitely a bias to buyers not sellers

Garry T

choppa_T

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply