unfair feedback caused by PO

Looking for help here, thanks in advance 

I received a neutral feedback in the morning and it is said "Horrible post but AusPost fault"

I have been working at my account for over a year and kept 100% positive feedback until this morning.

Posted the order on time even before the promoised date however it was mis-handled by PO and faultly sent to WA (Should be sent to VIC, a town just 20km away from Mel) 

We indicated the issue (Positively) and lodged the formal invetigation enquiry immediately and kept undate the buyer for the newest info. Order was placed 19th Fri, Jan, and posted on 20th SAT though we promisied to post at Mon, it was meaning to a fast delivery but failed, the item was finally delivered to PO Box at 2nd Feb after our unlimited calling. 

Offered buyer three times free express for his next three purchases already but still receive a neutral feedback after a month later 

Asked eBay's dedicated team to help us remove it while they won't, even they saw buyer has already said it is AusPost Fault.

Any help ot advice here? The 100 feedback means a lot to us!

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: unfair feedback caused by PO

It is an $80 item, I will try solution next time in handling similar issues, appreciate for your heads up.

While can you please offering some ideas in removing the neutral feedback as well? it still left at my reviews and eBay's appeal team won't act.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@ivansnow19630wrote:

I received a neutral feedback in the morning and it is said "Horrible post but AusPost fault"

date however it was mis-handled by PO and faultly sent to WA (Should be sent to VIC, a town just 20km away from Mel) 

We indicated the issue (Positively) and lodged the formal invetigation enquiry immediately and kept undate the buyer for the newest info. Order was placed 19th Fri, Jan, and posted on 20th SAT though we promisied to post at Mon, it was meaning to a fast delivery but failed, the item was finally delivered to PO Box at 2nd Feb after our unlimited calling. 

Offered buyer three times free express for his next three purchases already but still receive a neutral feedback after a month later 

Asked eBay's dedicated team to help us remove it while they won't, even they saw buyer has already said it is AusPost Fault.

Any help ot advice here? The 100 feedback means a lot to us!

I think you went way over what i would expect any seller to offer, I would not expect anything except for the help with an investigation and an update.

In their situation, I probably would have given a positive or if I felt that strongly about the post, not given any feedback.

However,people approach feedback differently, as we know. It's very subjective.

My suspicion is this person feels they have to tell the 'truth' about how they felt about the overall transaction and so they have mentioned the trouble but at the same time tried to show it was not your fault. 

I'm pretty sure they think this is perfectly 'fair' & there's probably not a lot you can do about it if ebay won't remove it.

If the buyer won't revise it either, don't worry too much and certainly don't offer any freebies such as express post next time etc as what you're doing is reinforcing the idea that that slow post was somehow partly your responsibility.

As a buyer, I would say it is unlikely to hurt your sales, the only thing a buyer might worry about is that postage might be a bit of a black hole in your area with Aust post, but if other buyers are commenting positively that should overcome that.

But for peace of mind, block this person from buying again, then just don't worry any more about it.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

No reasonable buyer is going to avoid you because an unreasonable buyer left you a neutral for something they have publicly admitted is not your fault.

The neutral is really only warning unreasonable buyers, so it could well be doing you a favour.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Try the chat again if possible. I got a neutral removed via chat recently when a buyer complained that I didn't respond to a message sent 2 minutes before the listing ended and she didn't get the measurements she wanted in time.
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

If you can't get the neutral removed, respond to it saying something like, "As you said, the problem was caused by Aust Post", just to reinforce what they said. I seriously doubt it'll stop people buying from you. I've had the odd negative from buyers who don't read listings properly or look closely at the pictures - all it did was increase my sales because buyers felt sorry for me. You'll probably notice that some of your buyers will go out of their way to leave extra nice feedback to help counteract the neutral.

You have to learn to live with the odd negative on ebay. Life isn't fair and ebay is no different. You just can't expect to get justice 100% of the time so you have to learn to cope when you don't.
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you for your kind suggestion, I will have to accept it and add a reply if can't get rid of it.

Appreciate for your advice.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@ivansnow19630wrote:

I will have to accept it and add a reply if can't get rid of it.

Just make your reply the soul of reason and very factual, along the lines of you followed up but it was Aust post etc. The more reasonable you appear, the more of a dumbo the buyer looks.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

And be careful not to say something that might sound like it never arrived at all, just that it was slower than usual. I'd keep the reply as short as possible but don't rush into it. You may even be best to leave it alone because the buyer gets a right of reply to your reponse and they might say something even worse. Most people never read past the first page of feedback so if you sell a bit it'll soon be out of sight.
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply