unfair feedback

A customer pays for an item then I post it the next day from country Vic to QLD and about 10 days later I get Neg feedback and a refund request case against me for a undeliverd item due to Australia post now slower system. Totally unfair to get neg feedback in such a short time without the chance to mediate a solution. I think this is where ebay should step in and remove the unfair feedback and this is a new ebayer and could be scaming a freebe unfortiunatly no extra was paid for tracking and the item was a coin that fitted in a letter.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

unfair feedback

unfortunately with no tracking ebay can't do anything about it, they have no proof.
I have increased my handling time to 3 days to extend ebay's delivery estimations, so buyers then see a delivery time of 10 days etc. at least then if a parcel is trackable they can't open a claim until such time.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

unfair feedback

to green ,  you have $ 50 and $90 coins for sale  with just standrd delivery on it ,which i asume means in a letter ,

its up to you ,but thats a risk ,I would put them in a signature or tracking delivery. alow for them items in your pricing.

also dont you think 10 + days to go to qld is a bit much , what do you think the buyer thinks, sure the buyer could of contacted you and hopefully you would refund or send another, you cant like everybody blame aus post ,you cant even prove you used aus post,remember you emplyed aus post to deliver not the buyer.now this problem might never hapen again hopefully ,but if it does ,you might have to look at registering your items or using a different carrier or what ever.. its up to you.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

unfair feedback

I think it's unfair that sellers get blamed for Australia Posts slow delivery times. I have had items take up to 10 days just to get across Victoria, let alone Vic to Qld. Honestly how many businesses get penalised for another businesses actions. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

unfair feedback

Yes, it is tough on sellers but the reality is that each purchase now comes with an estimated range of delivery date.

Buyers, especially new buyers, are going to be looking at that and if they don't get their items, they are going to start worrying.

We can talk all day about what buyers should do etc but let's face it, the majority aren't that well versed in every dot point of ebay policy, they will just follow the quickest & most obvious routes-feedback, paypal or ebay money back etc

My suspicion is even if the coins arrive,  the buyer would still not want to give you positive feedback because it has been slow to arrive.

What can you do?

* I suspect in the not too distant future, written feedback might go, so at least you won't face this then

* Judging postage time isn't going to change though, so see if you can tweak what it says in your listings. I think you must be able to. I recently bought 2 items for the grandkids.

My first buy (on 1st July) has estimated delivery Tues 7th July-Mon 13th July

My second (on 4th July) has delivery est Wed 8th July

If I were you, I would be trying to list the dates where there is a range, as in my first example.

Oh, and send your items with tracking, crazy not to, considering the risk, especially if you feel Aust Post is unreliable. If you sent an expensive coin to me & it got lost in the post, I wouldn't care how honest you seemed, I would be putting in a paypal or ebay claim.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

unfair feedback

to casbit     , if you order for instance a box of paint brushes for your shop from me , and it does not get there  , who are you going to blame , my staff   my courier my postage provider or me , [the answere is me ,you dont know how i am sending the box to you] 

in most cases in businesses the order gets cancelled and you b uy from another wholesaler for the next 10 odd years .

because i cant get a parcel to you in 10 days to travel in the same state as you mentioned . 

ps sellers complain about paypal holding your money for 21 days , well how long are sellers holding buyers money until they get there goods 

also as we all know most things are made in china these days. [even one of my girlfriends lol] now aus sellers sell the same products maybe a bit dearer than from chinese sellers but people buy from aus because they dont have to wait weeks from china , but if the aus items are going to take the same time ,well thats silly.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

unfair feedback

I'm afraid this is the new ebay policy so we all need to go with the flow.

I know buyers don't want to pay more for postage for cheaper coins and if you list with registered postage price then you might not make the sale.

But these days you have to send everything registered because you need to have the proof as dishonest buyers will scam you,I know this because I have had 2 accounts suspended due to defects for items not turning up.

Ebay has made it way too easy for buyers to just say an item never turned up if it was just sent standard post so you need to cover yourself now.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

unfair feedback

Does this slow your sales down?

I have just had 2 Negative feedbacks because of the eBay estimated delivery times i am so mad.

I posted this buyers items on Monday the buyer purchased on the Sunday Vic to NSW but items didnt arrive within the estimates given by eBay. 

I post same items same business day but found when i listed 2 or 3 delivery days for estimate my sales dropped?

Did this happen to you??

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

unfair feedback

The best thing you do is send your "letters" (coins) via registered post. At least this way the buyers can see when the item has been sent.

Australia Posts delivery service is, IMO, slow and unsatisfactory. The eBay estimated delivery are not in sync with AP, but then again AP delivery is **bleep**. So many parcels in the last few months, delivered late, even had one going to another Vic suburb, of all about a 25min drive away, posted 10 June, delivered 24 June, took 2 WEEKS to be delivered, with tracking, or lack of on AP's part! When I lodged an investigation AP's response was pretty much, bad luck you didn't insure it!

Despite the eBay generated notifications, I now advise buyers when I have posted, the tracking number (and they should use the AP website rather than eBay's tracking as this too is slow to update). If I'm posting to WA, QLD or NT, I let buyers know that delivery can take longer due to AP changes in delivery times.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

unfair feedback

ebay want us to use registered post because they get more money from us by doing it.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply