unpaid item cancellation

Hello

I am new to selling on ebay.  I listed an item last week and it sold fairly quickly with an email that the buyer will send payment shortly,  However soon after I received a message that the buyer wanted to cancel the order, which I promptly agreed to.  According to the now cancelled order in order to finalise this cancellation and receive a credit for the final value fees I am required to refund the buyer, at which point the buyer is supposed to confirm refund has been received.  The problem is I've never received payment from this buyer, so there's nothing to refund.  I tried to email the buyer to see if they would confirm the "refund" but im getting stonewalled.  Ive also tried to submit a dispute resolution however when I input the item number the automated response I get it "its not possible to open an unpaid item case while this request is in progress".  If I select the other option 'the buyer and seller have agreee to cancel the transaction' the feedback is that the order has been successfully cancelled and go to 'credits' in order to see the refunded final value fee, however when I go there obviously there's no credits.  Very frusturating

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

unpaid item cancellation

I know its a bit silly, but from memory you just click the bit where the buyer has asked for cancellation and keep clicking ok or whatever.   In the end it will be okay.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

unpaid item cancellation

ilce
Community Member

When you cancel the item you should have selected  "Buyer asked to cancel" in the drop down box (I hope). They will need to confirm that.. (They probably havent yet)

Dont worry about anything else. There is no refund. Once they confirm they wanted to cancel the item it will all cliose automatically.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

unpaid item cancellation

If they fail to confirm the cancellation then it will time out in 10-days anyway.

The fact that they have not paid is not a problem as no refund will be due anyway.

But you FVF fees will be credited once the cancellation is finalised.

Once you submit the cancellation then you cannot open an unpaid item dispute (UID).

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply