unpaid item

a person bought my item last saturday and still has not paid , i sent a message and they said they are very busy with a new home? but on looking at their feedback nearly all the feedback says rthe same that they bid and didnt pay what should i do now?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: unpaid item

cq_tech
Community Member
Open a UPI then if they still haven't paid within the 4 days allowed, close it and you will then receive a credit for your FVFs. The 'buyer' will also receive a well-deserved strike for non-payment.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Don't just love that ???  They have time to bid & reply to messages, but they don't have the time to pay. 🙂 🙂

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

what gets me is why would you bid knowing you are not going to pay for it?
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

ALSO YOU CANT LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON THE BUYER
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@mred-2009 wrote:
ALSO YOU CANT LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON THE BUYER

Why would you want to leave a negative? It doesn't stop them from buying. They can keep buying as much as they like, regardless of how many negatives they may have. They will also leave you a negative as retaliation. Too many people do that and then you have your selling privileges removed and can't sell anything. All the while, the buyer just keeps on buying. The seller loses out in the end.

Make sure you put your non paying buyer on the blocked buyers list, so they can't bid on any more of your items.

And please, STOP YELLING AT EVERYONE.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

For the excitment of bidding against others or because they can. So far I have neen lucky 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

If a buyer fails to pay, they most DEFINITELY MUST GET A NEGATIVE! The negative feedback should be automatic! It should also annul any opportunity for a buyer to leave negative feedback for a seller when they have not paid. This is a pure and simple equation that eBay will not absorb. Their dysfunctional policy helps to hide the scammers and allow them to do it again and again and again. Negative feedback is also a good indication of the type of buyer you are dealing with. It's pathetically no good at all if all you see is positives when these willful non-payers cause a lot of trauma along their merry way. And eBay are happy to keep such measures in place. You can fight against this bad situation by documenting non-paying cases where eBay has REFUSED to post a negative rating against their name and then send it off to the ACCC and ASIC as this constitutes harbouring scammers and will only lead to other sellers being defrauded.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@parrotparrots wrote:
what gets me is why would you bid knowing you are not going to pay for it?

For the excitment of bidding against others or because they can. So far I have been lucky 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@weducational2 wrote:

If a buyer fails to pay, they most DEFINITELY MUST GET A NEGATIVE! The negative feedback should be automatic! It should also annul any opportunity for a buyer to leave negative feedback for a seller when they have not paid. This is a pure and simple equation that eBay will not absorb. Their dysfunctional policy helps to hide the scammers and allow them to do it again and again and again. Negative feedback is also a good indication of the type of buyer you are dealing with. It's pathetically no good at all if all you see is positives when these willful non-payers cause a lot of trauma along their merry way. And eBay are happy to keep such measures in place. You can fight against this bad situation by documenting non-paying cases where eBay has REFUSED to post a negative rating against their name and then send it off to the ACCC and ASIC as this constitutes harbouring scammers and will only lead to other sellers being defrauded.

This has already been responded to in the other post where you left this exact same message. Please don't post identical messages over multiple posts, it's not necessary.

If eBay is such a traumatic experience for you, that is chock full of scammers, there are plenty of other places you can sell your things. All the other sellers on this forum have no issues with non payers, because we don't allow them to buy from us. Plain and simple as that. In May, I had 75 buyers blocked from buying off me who had non paying strikes against them. As I run auctions, they could quite easily have bid at the last second and I would be powerless to stop them. I would rather have the power.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply