want to cancel a sale without refund

I need to cancel a sale without a refund through Ebay ,as I already refunded with Paypal...I had to cancel sale because of item damage but Ebay want to refund through them .

As I refunded the customer through Paypal I dont want to refund him double...Not sure what to do.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

If you refunded off the original paypal payment then in the seller hub has the paid icon($) changed to note refund?

When I cancel a transaction and even if no payment was made it says they will contact the buyer to check they were repaid.

If you don't want to chance the system getting it wrong then you may have to call ebay.

You are lucky it is now as in two weeks paypal are keeping the fees.

I get alot of buyers who change their mind or the ebay plus does not work and it is going to cost me 2.6%.

Pathetic. Buyer wants to pull out then let them eat the fees when it was their cat who purchased by accident.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Hope you aren't planning on leaving a green positive for the buyer with BLOCKED next to it like

you've done previously ? Buyers have a right to leave a negative if they feel it was a negative

experience.

Anyway, your question has been answered by another member.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

WHAT????

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

What do you mean by what ???

I can clearly see that the buyer who left you a negative because you couldn't find the record has

received a positive green dot from you with the word BLOCKED next to it. It's against ebay policy for

sellers to do that as it's considered to be leaving a positive with a negative comment. You could have

been polite and professional and simply left a response to the negative if you wanted.

Did you not understand my very clear English ?

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

@foxette-in-sox wrote:

...You could have been polite and professional...

...Did you not understand my very clear English ?

I politely invite you to take your own advice, foxette - your point would be better made without the condescending question at the end.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I'm with foxie.

The WHAT? response to what was a clear comment tends to indicate the OP is either not familiar with English, or is aghast at somebody actually checking up on them. So pointing that out is, imo, a helpful hint rather than condescending.

The OP might like to look after their wares a bit better, as this seems to be the second time in a year they haven't been able to fulfil a sale.

I was kicking myself when I had ONE 'lost' item. Which I subsequently found a couple of years later. But that's in 10 years, not one.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I suspect the OPs response was more a "what has that got to do with the question I posted?" kind of reaction, which is a fair enough in and of itself, plus the tone of the reply was indeed condescending.

And highlighting the clarity of one's typed English would carry more weight if 'Hope' were preceded by 'I', question marks weren't floating out in space, and quoting was done properly. I'm undecided on whether the wider spacing between lines enhances or detracts from clarity, but find it a little uncomfortable regardless.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:
I suspect the OPs response was more a "what has that got to do with the question I posted?" kind of reaction, which is a fair enough in and of itself, plus the tone of the reply was indeed condescending.

And highlighting the clarity of one's typed English would carry more weight if 'Hope' were preceded by 'I', question marks weren't floating out in space, and quoting was done properly. I'm undecided on whether the wider spacing between lines enhances or detracts from clarity, but find it a little uncomfortable regardless.

I was actually scratching my head in confusion, not being condescending.

The reason for the spacing is due to members complaining when Lithium took over the boards, that

they found it difficult to read 'unspaced' paragraphs. My posts are very short so it's no big deal for

me to easily use spacing 🙂

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Fair enough!

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply