what does Ebay do when a seller is clearly fraudulent

the question is as above

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

you would be best to give a few more details.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

bought an item for $125.00 which included excessive postage charge, the item arrived 6 days later and was not as adverised the unit he sent,  I could have bought retail cheaper, this seller clearly new what he was doing.  the seller would not answer my messages so I opened an action with Paypal , and  had an answer from the seller his response  quote "no problem" heck knows what that means.

It is clear this seller does not know the rules.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Was the postage charge listed with the item or did he add a postage cost after you bought? I bought a few things the other day from a seller that listed the items as 'free' postage. When they sent the invoice, they attached a postage charge. I promptly informed them that they can't do that, it's against policy and the excuse was I had bought quite a few things. I sent them the eBay page that states you can't add or increase postage after the auction ends, so in the end, they resent the invoice with the postage charge removed.

Can I ask what you bought? Sadly, eBay isn't always the place for a bargain any more, depending on what you buy. I have found a few things of late that are dearer than retail, even without the postage cost tacked on.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If the seller continues in the same way then no doubt they will soon acquire a large number of red dots, low DSRs and defects in which case first they will find it hard to get buyers, aside from the numpty brigade, and eventually will have their selling abilities curtailed if not removed all together.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

$25 for a 500g satchel, that's extortion! I can see why you're pussed off, I would be too. At least with the feedback you left it might stop him selling anything for awhile. One would hope so with an 88% feedback rating!

Best of luck with the PayPal case.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply