what lowested value stamp will AusPost have?

So will it be round up? Do they have $0.05 or even $0.10 stamps that are sold?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

No , yes
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Will a $0.60 stamp work??

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Australia Post sells both 5c and 10c stamps at the present and it is not expected to change according to my Postmaster.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Given that there will still be 70c and 65c (Xmas card) stamps in circulation and it will take a while for these to all be used up (perhaps a couple of years?) I expect they will need to retain the 5c, 10c, and 20c stamps for the duration so that people can buy enough to top up their postage to the new $1 rate.  They may well get rid of any in between 20c and $1 though , as these would not be necessary to "make change" so to speak.  It may depend on what the new Priority rate comes out at (they haven't given an indication of what that will be yet).  If it is say $1.50, they may hang on to the 50c stamps untill they can bring out a new $1.50 stamp, having to add a $1 stamp, plus 2 x 20c, and 1 10c, might make it a bit crowded on a single letter.

This is all speculation of course, one never knows what AP will do next really.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

$1.40 + $0.10?

No need for the 2 x $0.20

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Not all POs keep supplies of the $1.40 and $2.10 stamps.  Our main PO does, but the little agency PO I use (which has far better service and friendlier staff) generally only has $1 and $2 stamps, 10c and 20c, and 5c ones to add to the Xmas stamps after the holiday season.  Doesn't matter much to me as I get them to print labels for my large letters anyway because they show all the details as well as the date and time posted, and I photograph everything.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

They can also print postage labels to any value at the counter, so even if you used a 60c stamp and they had no other stamps they can print a $0.10 label (similar to the Parcel Post labels). It won't look as pretty but it still gets the job done. Recently I had an overseas parcel sent that way, with a number of stamps and the rest of the cost was put on a sticker.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Australia Post won't discontinue the 5c stamp until the 5c coin is discontinued.  However, you may find that not all Post Offices actually stock 5c stamps and may also have limited 10c stamps in stock.  But of course they should be able to print out a 5c or 10c postage sticker If you hand an item over the counter with, say a 65c stamp on it, I believe.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I use a lot of old stamps as I have quite a lot 18 cents 24 cents 37 cents and a lot more different values I buy 5 cents stamps from my local PO and make up the postage with my Christmas Island  (Australia) stamps 1 Cent, 2 Cent, 3 Cent and so on. Sometimes I can have 10 stamps on a 70 cent letter. The lower value stamps are available on eBay and at private auctions very regular. Stamps are always legal tender. I have used and still do, stamps from the 1960's.

Paddy

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply