where is the 'automatically relist' checkbox

eBay tells me to check the 'automatically relist' box on my 'review your listing' page.

Where is that checkbox? I can't see it.

Why am I being charged $1.50 to relist items when I have sold only 5 items in April? Don't I get free relisting?

I would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You get 40 free listings per month, including relists. Once you use them, that's it. Unless you use the auto-relist option. Then they will relist 3 times for free.

The auto-relist checkbox should be two above the 'List Your Item' button on the review page. Above the save this listing as a template option.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for the prompt reply. I still can't see what you are referring to. Could you please add a few more specifics for this newbie. Much obliged.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

it's just above where you click the blue button to 'list your item' on the selling page
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Automatic relist

A new option for non-business sellers to automatically relist an item (up to three more times) in case it doesnโ€™t sell is now available.

Not only is it a free feature (you simply check a box when you create your listing), none of your relists count towards your monthly free listings and, any feature and insertion fees are only charged for the first listing โ€“ the relists are totally on us. Final value fees still apply when your item sells. Learn more about automatic relist.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

thanks again for your advice. I now find that I am registered as a Business seller and cannot get free re-lists, so that explains why I couldn't find the auto re-list checkbox.

When I was looking at my monthly selling limits, April selling activity, they advised me that 'you can list 66 items'. This is misleading for a beginner. When I scrolled down to 'promotional offers' I saw that yep, I had indeed posted 40 items. so that explains the $1.50 insertion fees.

Just taking baby steps, but I'm a stranger in a strange land!

This discussion page is very helpful. Many thanks

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

thanks so much for your help. I find that I am registered as a Business seller, so I can't get auto re-list.

I do appreciate your advice.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

It might pay you to open a non-business account. You don't have to registered as a business with eBay (or Paypal) in order to operate a business. About the only advantage I know of for a business account is you are allowed to put a physical address in yourlistings.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I would really like to open a non-business acount, but I fear I'll lose my precious little '9' rating if I have to start again. I am finding it very dispiriting to list a variety of sheet music and to sell so few of them. For various reasons, it has cost me $ to be on eBay. Eventually I will branch out into other selling items, but have no $ at present as I was made redundant from my job in January. In the meantime I'm learning heaps and just selling things I have in my studio.

I really appreciate the helpful advice from other sellers.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply