why do buyers wait for npb to be done before paying had 4 in last month

hi

just wondering why buyers are not paying in time frame

they seem to wait for npb to be started and then pay instantly

whats the go with this

if you were gonna pay anyway why not pay in the sellers time frame thats stated on the invoice

why wait till seller does npb then pay

its just weird and a bit annoying

had 4 in the last month and im not a big seller,only sell with free listings

tara

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

and forgot to add not one of them emailed me before or after npb

even though i had emailed them to remind them that item had not been paid as yet

tara

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

It is strange I agree.

I had a non paying buyer last month- sent an invoice reminder after 7 days and heard nothing. Sent another invoice 7 days later again and heard nothing back, and I mentioned in the invoice I would need to open unpaid item case to reclaim my fees and still nothing. So I opened the case and waited 6 days and then closed it. That was over 20 days in total.

I got an email next morning asking if they could please pay and I said the case was closed so it was not possible. Then an hour later the same person made a new account (because they were blocked from biding for non payment)  with the same name (a couple of numbers different and same postal address) to Buy Now on the same items and 8 hours later still hadnt paid AGAIN!

So I contacted them to say why were they doing this- anyway they paid in the end 3 days later by bank deposit.

I just dont understand if someone buys now why dont they pay now? I understand people may not see winning auctions for a couple of days but for me buying now means paying now. It is strange for sure.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

hi mighty

wow gotta admit i dont wait that long lol

its weird alright i put items on watch and only bid or buy if i have funds in paypal

if its 100% feedback seller and i have spoken to them in emails i might use bank deposit only if i have to

but if i win it i pay asap and using buy it now i pay asap

i suppose i expect buyers to be the same way lol

tara

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I had one of those buyers last week - not a 'newbie' but an experienced buyer with hundreds of f/b. I ask for payment within 7 days - didn't hear anything from them. On the 8th day I opened NPB which was due to be closed yesterday at 1pm. The buyer paid with about 3 hours to go Smiley Surprised

I packaged the item and sent it a few hours later but I'm still scratching my head - no idea why they do it. As a buyer I pay instantly so it makes no sense to me.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Because they can?

Seriously. I send an invoice the next day, a polite reminder on day4 and open a case on day 5. The majority pay after the case is opened, so I post.

Much better than NPBs, but it would be better if they paid on 'purchase', especially when all my listings are BIN, so it's not like they can forget they bid.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Hi tara,

Also, having a case opened against them, all of a sudden it becomes serious.

I send a message asking if there is a problem with payment and to contact me to make arrangements.

If no reply within 1-2 days, I open a case. Most pay with an excuse sent.

I think many are simply disorganised with their finances, make purchases while waiting for their next pay cheque.

image host
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

yep

my last npb just paid after 5pm so to late post office shut till monday now

i only post over the counter so the satchels can be scanned

i dont use red boxes

so now buyer will have to wait till monday for me to post

if they had paid this morning i could off posted it off before they shut

oh well hope this is the last npb,i have to do.wish they would just pay in the timeframe i state

tara

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Because some people in general are just typically stupid. Watch a few episodes of Judge Judy and you'll see.

They think sellers have nothing else to do but wait for them to make payment days on end.
They have the mentality of "I'l bid or buy this and pay when I feel like it or get paid next thursday, a week later"

While most of my buyers are plesant and pay promptly, I get the occasional person ignore invoices and only reply to my messages to say "I don't get paid until _____ can I pay then?" - People have no common sense, they buy when they have no money.

I would rather a listing go unsold then deal with these people.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

The maximum I am going to have to wait for payment is 8 days and if they pay up even in the last minute of the 8th day it bothers me not at all. If they paid by echeque a couple of days after the sale it would probably take just as long for me to get cleared funds.

I neither know nor care why they are late paying, as long as they do pay I am happy.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply