why does ebay allow this person to sell fake diamonds and insist they are real?

why does ebay allow seller to sell fake diamonds stating they are real earth mined diamonds? this is a blatant fake diamond listing and her answers to my questions obviously lies in relation to the authenticity of the diamond she claims is genuine.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

And how are eBay to know they are fakes? Are the prices consistent with real diamonds? Is the seller in China?

How does it affect you? Unless you are a competitor, or have been stung by not answering question 2 prior to purchase. In which case you would have got your money back.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Feedback says it all - they a have shocking feedback % and are registered in China (read "teflon seller" for that)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

And how are eBay to know they are fakes? Are the prices consistent with real diamonds? Is the seller in China?

How does it affect you? Unless you are a competitor, or have been stung by not answering question 2 prior to purchase. In which case you would have got your money back.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Feedback indicates they are causing a lot of trouble there are complaints. The price is not consistent with a real diamond, the seller maybe Chinese or Australian I do not think race is relevant. I have not been stung. Nor am I a competitor.
When a listing is placed “Fraud” is not acceptable.or legal. Offering a refund for a swindle or scam isn’t an ethical practice.
Does EBay know it’s illegal! If there were an easy way to advise them I would have done so.
If you make a purchase then you can claim a refund or complain, this does not mean you will receive your money back. EBay and Paypal cannot force someone to pay you back your money.
Is there a link on eBay to report a Fraudulent listing?is there a link to advise a person responsible for monitoring listings?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@magentastrinkets wrote:
Feedback indicates they are causing a lot of trouble there are complaints. The price is not consistent with a real diamond, the seller maybe Chinese or Australian I do not think race is relevant. I have not been stung. Nor am I a competitor.
When a listing is placed “Fraud” is not acceptable.or legal. Offering a refund for a swindle or scam isn’t an ethical practice.
Does EBay know it’s illegal! If there were an easy way to advise them I would have done so.
If you make a purchase then you can claim a refund or complain, this does not mean you will receive your money back. EBay and Paypal cannot force someone to pay you back your money.
Is there a link on eBay to report a Fraudulent listing?is there a link to advise a person responsible for monitoring listings?

I’d be surprised if there was a person responsible for monitoring listings

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@magentastrinkets wrote:

You have been on ebay long enough to learn how it all works.

Ebay and/or paypal can certainly facilitate you getting a refund if the items are not as described....if you follow the rules.

All listings have a Report link....use it to report fraudulent listings.

I am pretty sure that no one person is responsible for monitoring listings.....it is up to members use the report link on each listing.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@magentastrinkets wrote:
Oh, but it is.  The Chinese are a protected species on ebay.  They get away with things no-one else can.  Ebay Australia can only file a report with ebay China, and then they do nothing.
If you get your money back it's not a scam nor a swindle.

Yes they can.   They take the money from their paypal account to refund the buyer.  If there's no money, then their account goes into negative balance.  The buyer still gets their money back.
Is there a link on eBay to report a Fraudulent listing?

Report item is ion every listing.  On the right hand side just above the item number

Click on that, then Listing practices >Fraudulent listing activities>You suspect that a listing is fraudulent

I believe that it's for hijacked accounts, but what the hey.  Give it a go.

is there a link to advise a person responsible for monitoring listings?
Nope

*note to self.....type faster, Lyndal already said it.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Personally I think it is a good thing to have the correct information posted twice and reinforced after someone has made an inaccurate and misleading comment that may put new and inexperienced buyers off opening a claim they are entitled to.

Especially when eBay are ALL about the buyer and even those buyers who are obviously lying through their teeth about an item get a refund

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply