why dont my (ebay.com.au) listings appear on ebay.com , uk or anywhere else? i offer international

I noticed that my listings dont appear to get many views, and actually ive never been contacted by anyone from overseas ever.

I checked on ebay.com and my stuff doesnt appear at all except right at the bottom with all the shadier listings. Whats going on? i offer international postage, and chinese listings appear in the main results, why not australia?

What do i have to do here?

My grandpa lists occasionally on ebay and his listings get displayed on all sites in the main results, or did last i checked 3 months ago.

Is this an error? or is it because my account is only 4 months old or so? or my feedback score is not yet high enough?

On ebay.com.au US/UK listings appear so im confused why not the other way around, do i have to change over to ebay.com?

For refference i mainly sell thermochromic pigment and am located in australia, if you search that i dont get results except under "international sellers".

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: why dont my (ebay.com.au) listings appear on ebay.com , uk or anywhere else? i offer internation

Did you tick post lots of international postage destinations ?, if only the first one is ticked items wont appear internationally, dont know why you haver to select both but that is the only way it will work.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Re: why dont my (ebay.com.au) listings appear on ebay.com , uk or anywhere else? i offer internation

I dont understand what you mean. I offer international postage.
I have a flat rate for letter that goes everywhere same cost so worldwide (just changed to check every option instead but same search results), and then i manually set the prices between the 3 postage zones (the 3 columns , europe, asia, US).

I have every single location checked. however. still.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Yes i got that but when you edit a listing there are 2 sets of internaitonal designations one above the other both identical so both these need to be ticked otherwise wont show up internationaly.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

you mean the "will post to australia and the following" part? otherwise could you show me a screenshot maybe im not getting that option

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

There are two factors involved on getting your listings to appear on international sites - eBay US and eBay UK in particular.

The first is minimum feedback / sales requirements, but if your items are appearing in the supplementary results as mentioned, it seems like you meet those as items from sellers who don't meet them generally won't appear in international search results at all.

The second is how you set up your postage options, and that gives your items the best chance possible of appearing on the other sites, but is not actually 100% guaranteed.

When you select to ship to other countries, you need to specify a custom location and costs specifically to the US and/or the UK, even if the cost is identical to other destinations - if you just select a flat rate for worldwide (even if you exclude some destinations), your listings definitely won't appear except in the supplementary results. 

So, when you get to the postage section, you need to select "Choose custom location" at least for the US and the UK (I would do them separately, even if the cost is the same), and then you can add a third, flat rate option for everywhere else you'll post to.

I've attached my screenshot of the postage section highlighting this option (hopefully it's easy enough to read, as it will likely be resized). It shows the options using the full (advanced) Sell Your Item form, so it's what you'll see on your screen if you implement these options via a desktop (not an app, and also if you don't have business policies on your account, where you have global postage options that apply to all linked listings, as they would have to be set up separately then applied to a listing). 

international postage.JPG

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Good one Digi, your screen shot shows what i was trying to explain in words which is not easy.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@ausbargainbasement wrote:

Good one Digi, your screen shot shows what i was trying to explain in words which is not easy.

That's because eBay makes these things so convoluted sometimes, with lots of if you want to do A, you have to do B, but only if C and D is done first, unless it's Friday or your name begins with a vowel, then you have to do  E, F and G before doing C, Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

God Damm it another thing i need to learn how to do a screen shot and upload it to this forum. LOL

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

If you're on a Windows PC, have a look for the Snipping Tool (it's not usually one of the default programs in the task bar or anything) - very handy ๐Ÿ™‚ I have it pinned to my desk top so I can easily grab a small section of the screen in a couple of clicks. 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply